Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 09.10.2007, 06:04 PM
New here
New here

Default Multi Mode without Midi/VC

Is it possible to setup a multi mode and play 16 parts at once without using midi cables, computers or anything other than the hardware?

my efforts so far hae resulted in successfully assigning parts to sections of the keyboard (low key, high key) but I just cant figure out how to put it together.

everywhere else I've looked seems to direct towards Cubase, midi outputs etc but I just want to know if it's possible.

could i use it in a live setting without a laptop?

Thanks.

Last edited by bendld : 09.10.2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10.10.2007, 04:47 PM
New here
New here

You are further than me. Can you tell me how you did that? Im still trying to accomplish the same thing you are but no help from anyone here yet nor access.

Maybe we can figure this out together, recreate the wheel again LOL...
Old 11.10.2007, 05:58 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Just set the MIDI channel to the same channel on the parts you want to play together. Then set high key and low key of the individual parts so that high key is the highest note you want to hear and low key is the lowest key you want to hear.

Example:

- If you want to split 2 parts over the keyboard just make the high key of the first part be 1 semitone under the low key of the second part.

- If you want to layer parts so that they play together when a key is pressed just set the low key to the lowest note possible and the high key to the highest key possible on all parts.

You can of course also experiment so that some parts overlap for an octave maybe or 2 parts that split in the middle of the keyboard while a 3rd. part is playing over the whole keyrange. The possibilities are endless. Just experiment...

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 11.10.2007, 02:49 PM
New here
New here

Default thanks!

i got it about 10 minutes after posting haha.

the midi channel thing was the key to it. I assumed that had something to do with Midi cables. I'm a novice when it comes to computer linkups etc.

here's how i did it:

-go into multi mode.

-press shift and edit to enter multi edit menus.

-scroll through the parameter screens to change between programs and set levels, transpose parts and choose low keys and high keys.

in the top right corner it tells you you are editing part one (denoted by two overlapping rectangles and a 1)

-use the part button to move to part two.

-edit it in the same way but this time also change the midi channel to part one.

you will now be able to hear both parts play simultaneously on their designated keys.

it sounds phenomenal when you arpeggiate some parts.

I am currently trying to get a hold of a copy of Cubase so I can go a bit deeper.
Old 14.10.2007, 03:30 AM
New here
New here

I totally got it now!!!! Thanks for posting that!