Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 18.11.2005, 01:59 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ZEBASTIAN
Default My first Virus!! !Audio only 16 BIT /44 K????

hello....i just bought my first Virus ever....well, i had the Poco Virus....nice , but the TI rocks!!! ....Ive found a few problems with the audio.
Im on mac osx tiger 10.4.3. I went to the AUDIO/MIDI set aplication and set up Virus TI to be my output/input.....now i just wan to change the bit resolution from 16 Bit to 24....but it is NOT an option...it only shows 16 bit and 44/48 khz.
isnt supposed to be able to get to 24/196?
second problem.....SPDIF does NOT WORK....I conected the Spdif out from Virus to a Presonus Central Station and the Central Station doesnt get the virus signal...Imnot newbie when it comes to these matters....I was using the Spdif of the central station with another soundcard without issues..its not rocket science....
whats going on???? anyone experiencing the same issue with SPdif out and bit resolution???

my set up: Apple G5 Dual 2.0, Tiger 10.4.3 . Logic Pro 7. Virus TI 61.
Old 18.11.2005, 08:47 PM
Veteran
Veteran

The bit depth limit of 16bit is for the vsti plug-in - Virus Control - with the outputs set as USB1 or USB2. I agree its not pro enough for further processing, use Output 1, 2 or 3. The 24/192 comes from the specs of the output converters. You can get this if you set the TI as the Asio card and start a project at 192Khz. The converters do sound good, even at 44.1Khz. I've used the Asio on the TI for listening back during mastering and they are on par with the RME fireface 800.
Old 19.11.2005, 03:57 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

hhmmm...I dont really understand this very well......
Im using the Virus Ti as my main soundcard. I dont think being usb 1 should be an issue for at least 24 bit depth...even my us$400 novation x-station can deliver 24 bit. or the built in of my powerbook and g5 are 24 bit.

what u mean by using ASIO??? im on a mac osx and never heard of asio...i thought thats for pc's.
on the mac i only have to go tot he Audio/Midi set up aplication....and from there just choose your soundcard ....then there is a pull down menu to select the bit depth and sample rate.
my built in audio card lets me choose from 16 to 24 bit....44.1 to 96 khz.
then i go to a fw presonus Firebox I was using before the Virus and same...i can choose from 16 to 24 and from 44.1 to 96 khz...
now im going to Virus ti and it only lets me choose betwwen 44.1 or 48 khz...bit depth is not an option...just 16 bit.
wasnt the Virus Ti sound card able to deliver 24/192 khz??
sorry...but i dont get it
Old 19.11.2005, 06:04 AM
Veteran
Veteran

The TI has 2 ways to use it as a sound card.

1. Normal audio driver

2. ASIO driver. Look it up on Google or something. Basically programs like Cubase, Live and Logic use ASIO.
Old 19.11.2005, 06:31 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
The TI has 2 ways to use it as a sound card.

1. Normal audio driver

2. ASIO driver. Look it up on Google or something. Basically programs like Cubase, Live and Logic use ASIO.
mmmm....i bet you are a pc user right??? there is no asio aplication on osx.
thanks for trying to help me....but i guess if u are not on the mac then it will be difficult to understand my problem
Old 19.11.2005, 07:25 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs
... I've used the Asio on the TI for listening back during mastering and they are on par with the RME fireface 800.
I didn't realize it sounded that clean. I am going to run a few of my synths through it today and check it out. What kind of latency are you experiencing?
Old 19.11.2005, 07:28 AM

Zebastion, I am not a mac user either, but if I remember correctly, you should have something called coreaudio - which is the low latency audio subsystem (very much like asio). My guess is that if you use the external outs of your TI (rather than the usb for audio) then you should be able to use the higher bit/sample rates that you want and you would control the latency via your coreaudio (I think)
Old 19.11.2005, 01:38 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones
Zebastion, I am not a mac user either, but if I remember correctly, you should have something called coreaudio - which is the low latency audio subsystem (very much like asio). My guess is that if you use the external outs of your TI (rather than the usb for audio) then you should be able to use the higher bit/sample rates that you want and you would control the latency via your coreaudio (I think)
Hi...yes...I do have Core Audio.....here is where you select your audiocard and the bit/sample rate of it....the virus Ti is conected through usb and the out of the Virus ti goes right to the speakers......so thats what i dont seem to understand when you say not to use the usb for audio, but to use the main out of the TI . you mean not using the Virus as my main soundcard??
Old 19.11.2005, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEBASTIAN
Hi...yes...I do have Core Audio.....here is where you select your audiocard and the bit/sample rate of it....the virus Ti is conected through usb and the out of the Virus ti goes right to the speakers......so thats what i dont seem to understand when you say not to use the usb for audio, but to use the main out of the TI . you mean not using the Virus as my main soundcard??
I would think he would mean using the Main Analogue outs...

This way, you can set the sampling rate and bit depth to whatever you want, and this is what the Ti will be recorded at.

Use your presonus thingy as your soundcard, and when you want to record the Virus, go from the Ti Analogue outs to the Presonus Analogue ins...

Good luck!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 19.11.2005, 02:21 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEBASTIAN
I would think he would mean using the Main Analogue outs...

This way, you can set the sampling rate and bit depth to whatever you want, and this is what the Ti will be recorded at.

Use your presonus thingy as your soundcard, and when you want to record the Virus, go from the Ti Analogue outs to the Presonus Analogue ins...

Good luck!
hi....since you are a MAC user then...how do you set up the Ti to your system??
if you have to use an audio card for recording the Ti ..so whats the point of the usb??? . aren you supposed to be able to use the Ti as your soundcard, midi controller and virus synth without the need of anything but a usb cable???
in my coreaudio set up the Virus Ti shows up as a usb audio card...only 16 bit/44.1 khz...is that the most i can get from it that way???