Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 18.11.2005, 03:56 AM

Default [unsolved] Indigo problems in multi mode

I recently purchased a used Indigo 1 and am using the latest operating system. I do lots of MIDI sequencing, so I've been using multi mode alot.

I have found that when I switch between patches quickly on any given part - especially if I turn the knob to rapidly move from patch #5 to #95, for example, various effects settings may get changed on that part. For instance, if the delay send is set to 55 for that part, and I switch around between patches, all of a sudden the delay effect will disappear. When I go back to that parameter, it is still set to 55, but no delay is audible. All I have to do is twiddle the knob - switch the value from 55 to 54 - and the effect is back. Sometimes, the type of delay will audibly be switched, but I do the same thing - go back to that parameter and "restore" the value and it'll switch back to the way it was. I can also turn the synth on and off and it will reset itself.

The problem manifests itself in a similar way, but affects the Indigo's keyboard. When in multi mode, switching quickly between patches can cause the keyboard to stop functioning. Turning the unit off and on again fixes the problem.

The Indigo works perfectly in single mode. These problems do not occur if I take my time switching between patches in multi mode.... for example, if I pause for a couple of seconds when going from patch to patch. Lastly, I should mention that the problems also happen when changing patches quickly using the SoundDiver software as well.

I love the sounds this instrument makes! I see from the posts here that the new TI synths seem to be kind of buggy. Has anyone else experienced what I am seeing with my Indigo? I've reloaded the operating system twice, successfully, but with the same results.

Thanks for any insight.

Michael