Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 02.03.2011, 03:55 AM
New here
New here

Default AD/DA conversion when recording via the USB outs?

Hey, first post. Rest assured, I've exhausted the search feature, but was unable to get a consensus on the answer to this question.

When using a Virus TI and recording audio via the USB output, the sound doesn't undergo DA conversion then AD conversion internally before hitting the USB output, right? In other words, because the Virus is a digital synth, there's no internal AD/DA conversion required to output the audio through the USB port because it's already digital, right?

This is in stark contrast to using the analog outs to record the audio, which requires DA conversion inside of the virus, then obviously requires AD conversion using my external AD/DA converters if I'm laying tracks in a digital form, correct?

The Virus TI Snow that I just acquired today is my first digital synth with USB audio outputs, so I've never wondered about this before.
Old 02.03.2011, 03:58 AM
New here
New here

To clarify the above post (that I just re-read) - I just want to make sure that using the USB outputs requires NO conversion, while using the analog outputs requires DA/AD conversion if I'm laying digital tracks.
Old 02.03.2011, 02:51 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Yes: USB outs require no conversion (until you want to hear your sound, which has the obvious DA conversion for the signal to go into your amp/speakers)
Old 03.03.2011, 09:42 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roby31 View Post
Yes: USB outs require no conversion (until you want to hear your sound, which has the obvious DA conversion for the signal to go into your amp/speakers)
Great, just wanted to make sure. Thanks!