Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 08.02.2006, 06:05 PM
New here
New here

Default Trouble, trouble, trouble with OS 1.0.9...

1.0.9 has definitely not solved some big, ongoing problems for me...

A (non-exhaustive) list of the main troubles I get:
- Occasionnal noises, buzzes and feedbacks with the TI Hardware (suprisingly it seems to happen more when the TI is SWITCHED ON and connected by USB to my computer which is SWITCHED OFF);
- Blue screen (happens 3 times out of 10);
- Hanging notes...
- Arp sync issue with Virus Control and Cubase SX 3.1: any arp is turning into a desperate jam...Works better when I choose the TI as Main Outs...but....
- I have clicks and pops in Virus Control when using the TI as Main Outs...
- Can't get it working with Live 5.0.3, whatever the settings: clicks, pops, etc.
- latency still too high to play properly...
- etc. etc....

I'm going mad !('')('')('')

I am interested to know if anyone on a Mac can get the Virus Control working properly (e.g. without arp sync issues and glitches) ?

Thanks for your help...
Old 09.02.2006, 11:47 AM
Amateur
Amateur

D. Welcome to the club. Just a couple of pointers until OS 1.1 is released later in February which should hopefully iron out these problems (thats what I am telling myself!): -

* Unplug your USB cable if you want to just play in standalone mode with a set of headphones. (ensure kit is powered down and powered off before removing USB cable) For some reason I have had far less crashes when I do this.

* Forget the arp-sync (until OS 1.1) - I have had nothing but grief trying to achieve this in USB/audio mode.

* Set a buffer of 256 in your DAW if you still wish to persist with USB/audio. I have ditched the 16bit 44.1khz USB/audio for the much better sounding 3 pairs of stereo outs. The outputs are 24bit 192khz D/A converted and sound far superior.

* Marc from Access is currently putting together a "best practices" kind of tutorial for Logic and SX. The first draft is available on this forum, but it is not by anyway shape or form completed as of yet. Worth a look though.

http://www.babylonwaves.com/files/St...X_Tutorial.zip

* Grin and bear it pal. I have had these problems since I purchased my TI in November 2005 and I agree it is very, very frustrating. But hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel coming within the next couple of weeks...
Old 09.02.2006, 06:30 PM
New here
New here

MonkeyMan, many thanks for those useful tips and tricks.

That's something I was expecting err...from Acess ''. They should seriously consider putting a FAQ/knowledge base of this kind somewhere on their website...that may save them from angry customer's fury or some units from impulsive panic destruction.

Seriously I love my TI and hope as you that eveything will be fixed somewhere between OS 1.1 and OS 9... 8O