Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 13.12.2005, 08:59 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to Clemens
Default TROUBLE WITH VIRUS C

Hy
I have a Virus C and use Cubase SL 3 Sequencer . Anyway the problem is that the Virus stops sending sound after running in cycle mode for a while . Mostly it stops when I have many short notes like 1/32 or lots of delay but it also stops otherwhise , it just takes a bit longer then . Also sometimes when I switch cubase of it keeps playing the sound and in the sequencer the tracks are not mutable .
Anyway I dont use any Volume controller messages and set midi control Lopage to sysex but it didnt help . Maybe a bug ?
Greetings kuchencle
Old 13.12.2005, 09:43 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Welcome,

what sound card are you using?

Drammy
Old 13.12.2005, 10:52 PM
New here
New here

m-audio firewire 410 !
thanx for your quick answer
Old 14.12.2005, 06:07 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

I suspect this is more to do with how you monitor you inputs, have I understood your questino correctly - are you unable to mute the virus coming input into the sequencer?

And when you turn the sequencer off - the virus keeps playing? Is that what you are saying.

What settings do you have set-up in the audio devices within Cubase?
Old 14.12.2005, 10:33 AM
New here
New here

Well that I cant mute tracks in a project is just part of the problem , didnt happen very often . But it has nothing to do with the audio settings - when this happens that I cant mute a track the hole virus is freaking out - I wouldnt be able to modulate the sound anymore and I wouldnt be able to listen to other channels than the one thats not mutable .
But the main problem is that the virus just stops sending sound after a while . this mostly happens when I have many short notes or lots of delay - it s just over ; there is no more sound ; when connecting headphones to the virus there is no more sound - it sometimes comes back after a while , but when then only for a very short time .
So the thing is that the Virus would just stop sending sound - and it also occured that it went on playing after closing the sequencer probably cause there was no note of .
In general it seems somehow that the Virus is getting confused easily - by modulating a bit , two tracks ore more and then just stops playing. The sound comes back when restarting the Virus and Cubase - Sorry I cant explain this in other words . But in it s condition right now it s impossible to use it sensfully .
Greetings kuchencle
Old 14.12.2005, 11:14 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: TROUBLE WITH VIRUS C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemens
Hy
I have a Virus C and use Cubase SL 3 Sequencer . Anyway the problem is that the Virus stops sending sound after running in cycle mode for a while . Mostly it stops when I have many short notes like 1/32 or lots of delay but it also stops otherwhise , it just takes a bit longer then . Also sometimes when I switch cubase of it keeps playing the sound and in the sequencer the tracks are not mutable .
Anyway I dont use any Volume controller messages and set midi control Lopage to sysex but it didnt help . Maybe a bug ?
Greetings kuchencle
Well, for one thing, I'd avoid using sysex if you want your midi to behave properly.

It sounds like you're getting stuck notes - try pressing the Transpose buttons together to send a Panic message when this happens.

Stuck notes are certainly not a known bug in the latest Virus C OS - is it up to date?
Old 14.12.2005, 03:03 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

I am pretty certain this will be down to audio set-up - by this I mean the set-up of the audio card integrating with cubase.

I'd also agree with Ben - I'd set loPage to Controller and HiPage to PolyPres to avoid any sysex issues. Also ensure Cubase is filtering out any Sysex messages - they will just complicate things when trying to troubleshoot such issues.

Then if you could take a minute detailing how you have the audio (ie soundcard) set-up in devices, I/we might be able to help.
Old 14.12.2005, 10:17 PM
New here
New here

Thank you for your help . Seems loke after updating the virus with the new os it s working . If it s troubiling again I ll have a look at the audio setup . Thank you for anyway !!
Greetings Clemens
Old 19.12.2005, 08:08 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Glad to hear its working - welcome to the forum