Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 21.02.2009, 07:24 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Default no individual solo in logic 8?

I've been using the 3.0 Virus Control in Logic 8 this weekend and the latency issues that seemed to plague this arrangement the last time I tried it seem to be fixed now, thankfully.

However, if you set up the TI the way the Tutorial suggests, it's not possible to solo individual tracks going to the TI, since it's set up as a single instrument with multiple channels. This is a pretty major downside if you like to use the solo feature to try out different arrangements and transitions on the fly.

Am I missing something? If not, is there a workaround?
Old 21.02.2009, 09:05 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniklo View Post
I've been using the 3.0 Virus Control in Logic 8 this weekend and the latency issues that seemed to plague this arrangement the last time I tried it seem to be fixed now, thankfully.

However, if you set up the TI the way the Tutorial suggests, it's not possible to solo individual tracks going to the TI, since it's set up as a single instrument with multiple channels. This is a pretty major downside if you like to use the solo feature to try out different arrangements and transitions on the fly.

Am I missing something? If not, is there a workaround?
you could setup logic to your desired way of muting multi channel instruments to overcome your problem. the behaviour was changed in logic 8 and has nothing to do with Virus Control.

goto preferences>audio>track mute/solo

best, marc
Old 21.02.2009, 09:39 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Much better. Thanks!
Old 21.02.2009, 10:21 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Send a message via AIM to DriftaDNB Send a message via MSN to DriftaDNB

Also, you can just highlight all the regions in the track (by turning off cycle, and then clicking on the track name) and hit S. That will turn the bar counter at the top yellow, and should solo the track you've selected (although any rewire tracks you have routed into your mixer via aux channels will still play)
Old 23.02.2009, 04:57 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
you could setup logic to your desired way of muting multi channel instruments to overcome your problem. the behaviour was changed in logic 8 and has nothing to do with Virus Control.

goto preferences>audio>track mute/solo

best, marc
Slightly OT:
By changing this preference setting, will it have any effect on how all track/channel meters register the same input signal?

As an alternative setup, couldn't an environment be made with just one Virus Instrument channel and a "Multi-Instrument"? This would make it easier to see which tracks are playing what, independent of each other, as well as provide mute/solo, pan, and level.

Not sure why Access chose the Setup config it did for Logic, while Live and Pro Tools both use the "alternative setup" i just described. In fact, I don't really see any advantage to the way Access suggests the TI VCC be setup in Logic, other than it allows one to apply automation data on each track/channel, instead of only on the channel the VCC is inserted on.
Old 23.02.2009, 04:58 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysex View Post
Not sure why Access chose the Setup config it did for Logic, while Live and Pro Tools both use the "alternative setup" i just described. In fact, I don't really see any advantage to the way Access suggests the TI VCC be setup in Logic, other than it allows one to apply automation data on each track/channel, instead of only on the channel the VCC is inserted on.
Having separate automation lanes is definitely a big plus for the way I like to work.
Old 23.02.2009, 05:01 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniklo View Post
Having separate automation lanes is definitely a big plus for the way I like to work.
Troo. Which is why I see it as it's only advantage and difference between the other DAW's and the VCC setup/config.

I wish I could view the TI Automation Lists on all tracks in all daw's... that would be great!

But I suppose some sacrifices have to be made...
Old 23.02.2009, 06:41 PM
Complete Newbie

There is still one problem in Logic tho. Since it uses only one bus out, you cannot have different inserts/sends for the seperate parts?
Old 23.02.2009, 06:44 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by netra View Post
There is still one problem in Logic tho. Since it uses only one bus out, you cannot have different inserts/sends for the seperate parts?

See this thread for an explanation:

http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30500
Old 23.02.2009, 09:26 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysex View Post
Slightly OT:
By changing this preference setting, will it have any effect on how all track/channel meters register the same input signal?

As an alternative setup, couldn't an environment be made with just one Virus Instrument channel and a "Multi-Instrument"? This would make it easier to see which tracks are playing what, independent of each other, as well as provide mute/solo, pan, and level.

not sure if i understand you right. apple doesn't recommend to use environment instruments sending data to an audio instrument. from the top of my head, i can't remember why, but we ran into some problems trying this years ago. if you (in logic 8.02) just create a multi channel instrument, automation of individual channels shouldn't be a problem - at least i don't see one.

best, marc