Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 20.06.2012, 09:01 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default WIP on Soundcloud

Hey everyone,

I just put a short 2 minute clip of a work in progress up on my Soundcloud if anyone wants to give it a listen...looking for some feedback. It's called 'We Feel' & is in an uplifting piano balearic house style...I think, Lol. I just wanted to make a nice house track with a summer vibe.

Stuff used...

Mac book pro
Pro tools 10
Live 8
Battery 3
Stylus RMX
Access Virus
Izotope Alloy, Ozone

Please leave a comment on Soundcloud if you can ; )
Old 22.06.2012, 03:17 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

Has that summer feel for sure, I like it.

Your side chain release, something I can never get quite how I want myself, Either needs to be shorter or longer... My tastes any how. I've started cutting my kick shorter than the actual kick then using the release on the compressor instead of the kick tale to get a tighter timing.

Just listening to pressure drop, this is sounding high quality, good stuff.
Old 25.06.2012, 06:21 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Thanks for listening & cool comments. Some good points to think about for the final mix.
Old 31.12.2012, 11:47 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

So here's another one I started months ago but got side tracked along the way. A summery balearic house track to chase away those winter blues. A free download from my soundcloud as usual, happy new year everyone!

https://soundcloud.com/dj-berni-2/we...i-original-mix
Old 01.01.2013, 11:02 PM
Pro
Pro

Mitchie if your unhappy with the sidechain because of the kick envelope you could always just make a second channel purely as a sidechain with no stereo output but used for chaining - i tend to do this nowdays anyway as it gives me a little more flexibility. I've just had the privilege to work with Shockone in the studio on final mixes and after seeing the amount of sidechaining he does to entire buses with kicks and snares, all I can say is get creative, and always aim to carve space.

Sounding nice Berns, listening out of PC speakers. Personal pref would be to definitely replace that piano with a nicer samplevst (ew PianosGold is pretty great for manipulating close/mid/far mic positionings) but I know they can be expensive to get.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 02.01.2013, 08:34 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedingear View Post
Mitchie if your unhappy with the sidechain because of the kick envelope you could always just make a second channel purely as a sidechain with no stereo output but used for chaining - i tend to do this nowdays anyway as it gives me a little more flexibility. I've just had the privilege to work with Shockone in the studio on final mixes and after seeing the amount of sidechaining he does to entire buses with kicks and snares, all I can say is get creative, and always aim to carve space.

Sounding nice Berns, listening out of PC speakers. Personal pref would be to definitely replace that piano with a nicer samplevst (ew PianosGold is pretty great for manipulating close/mid/far mic positionings) but I know they can be expensive to get.
Thanks mate. I'm at the 'over it' stage with the track so I doubt I'll be making any further revisions & I'm reasonably happy with it. Might make a video for Youtube as it sounds like crap on Souncloud...watch this space ; )
Old 03.01.2013, 02:41 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Put a video of the track up on YouTube if anyone wants to check it...

http://youtu.be/VJ8Tr1K30Pk
Old 04.01.2013, 12:37 PM
Pro
Pro

VERY NICE!! Definitely made me think of having great music blasting while driving along coastline with moonroof open and hair flying!!! Actually like the piano samples used as well as the use of filters and bass!
Old 04.01.2013, 05:37 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
VERY NICE!! Definitely made me think of having great music blasting while driving along coastline with moonroof open and hair flying!!! Actually like the piano samples used as well as the use of filters and bass!
Thanks for listening man, glad you enjoyed ; )
Old 05.01.2013, 02:04 AM
Pro
Pro

Berni--Could you one more time tell me what video editing program you are using, please?! I recall when I asked you firstly, it was *something* within the Window's realm or in any case, not like AVID Studio or Sony Vegas, and no worries, not wanting to emulate or 'copy' your approach rather, I do have a visual art background with old fashioned tubes of oils and watercolors and large canvas...but my dedicated DAW PC is duly capable of advanced video editing and among many other things learning, would like to have that as a starting point.
Do you use MTC or SMPTE to make timely transitions coinciding nicely with audio's journey coursing through my cortex? (I will make a file/note of it as to not have to ask you again)
Lastly, were you using filters to transition/morph the piano sound to something like a steel guitar-like strums and back to piano? Was this kind of a new direction or an emphatic sonic statement expressing your wont for Summer, expressing disdain for Winter? LOL!