Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 30.12.2008, 03:25 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Default ProTools 8 and Virus

Looks like ProTools 8 is finally a reality, the upgraded midi functionality appeals to me. But now Virus control is working in Tools 7.4 at last I'm terrified of upgrading. Anyone tried it yet?
Old 30.12.2008, 02:27 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

I have had some problems with the interface. It seems to work when it initially pops up. But, If you close the interface and bring it back up, then the mouse pointer is offset and it makes it very difficult to select anything. Meaning, I will try and select a preset from the browser. Say the first preset... I try and click on the first preset, where the mouse pointer is hovering over, and it selects the 7th preset. The is reproducible. I will have to open a ticket with Access.
Old 30.12.2008, 03:02 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by technog0d View Post
I have had some problems with the interface. It seems to work when it initially pops up. But, If you close the interface and bring it back up, then the mouse pointer is offset and it makes it very difficult to select anything. Meaning, I will try and select a preset from the browser. Say the first preset... I try and click on the first preset, where the mouse pointer is hovering over, and it selects the 7th preset. The is reproducible. I will have to open a ticket with Access.
which version of virus control / TIOS are you using?

marc
Old 30.12.2008, 04:41 PM
New here

I am running the latest 2.75.
Old 31.12.2008, 04:34 AM
Complete Newbie

Yeah that's the kinds of thing that could send me to bed for a week weeping uncontrollably. The new MIDI features in Tools 8 are just so promising though, what a predicament....

Oh, and happy new years eve everyone, I wish you all a peaceful and happy 2009!! With lots of nookie!
Old 07.01.2009, 02:46 PM
Complete Newbie

Personally, I'm going to wait a little while to upgrade to PT8, as I don't think the dust has fully settled yet.

I've learned the hard way by upgrading as soon as a major version is released (not just in Protools either) and then chaos ensued, so I had to roll back to my prior version.

Your mileage may vary.
Old 07.01.2009, 03:34 PM
New here

I would say it depends on your needs... I love my Virus Ti and i think it is one of the best all around Synths and I am a synth whore. But, Protools 8 is very nice and so far has been very stable for me. If you could use the features of Protools 8 then I would say go for it.
Old 07.01.2009, 05:01 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
I am running the latest 2.75.
seems fine to me ...

marc
Old 07.01.2009, 06:13 PM
New here

It works fine on my Macbook Pro... It's my Mac pro with my video card that does not seem to work. Maybe it's limited to my video card. It a nvidia Gforce 8400gs. It works the first time i open the plugin, but then it does not work after i close the plugin window and then re-open and try to select a different patch in the browser. The pointer is on the top of the browse window and when i select something it selects a patch maybe 5 patches down from the mouse pointer.
Old 07.01.2009, 09:16 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
It works fine on my Macbook Pro... It's my Mac pro with my video card that does not seem to work. Maybe it's limited to my video card. It a nvidia Gforce 8400gs. It works the first time i open the plugin, but then it does not work after i close the plugin window and then re-open and try to select a different patch in the browser. The pointer is on the top of the browse window and when i select something it selects a patch maybe 5 patches down from the mouse pointer.
what's the specs of your MP and video card. i have one here from january 2008 (2.8, std. configuration). let's see if i can replicate it.

cheers, marc