Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 02.12.2011, 03:14 PM
New here
New here

Unhappy VIRUS TI Snow just wont start following failed OS update

Hi All,

I hope one can help me because I just can't believe what just happened to me and my newly purchased TI Snow (I was all excited).

1. I followed instructions in order to setup drivers and softwares. That consists in downloading the latest patches on access website -All good

2. During software setup it required at some stage to turn on the VTIS and connect the USB driver

3. Then the VTIS got stuck on "OS update in progress". I left it like this and waited for about 45/60 mns but nothing happened. That looked like the thing was hanged or similar problem. Also I could not turn it off or do anything. So I decided to take my chance and un-plugged the VTIS - hoping it would roll back the failed upgrade and restart with initial version of OS. That was a very dumb and bad idea with unexpected and very unfortunate consequences.

The situation now is as follows:

When I plug the VTIS, it doesn't switch to standby mode and there is no led on (not even the stand by led) . When I try to reset (plug+press Panic button) - I can see all leds on and off alternatively which means it is not a power/electric suply/cable issue. Basically it seems the OS is completely wiped and the bloody thing just wont start (not even some kind of "bios" like screen or mode). Connecting the USB does not do anything as well since the VTIS is not actually started/running.

I am stuck there, any idea or suggestion will be most appreciated,

cheers,

Stef
Old 02.12.2011, 03:48 PM
New here
New here

OK found the "bios" mode thanks to Access website support and could complete setup....
Old 03.12.2011, 11:07 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Yes you must force the TI hardware in update mode:

*Do a good de-installation of drivers and software (via installed software in Windows)
*Force the Virus in update mode (holding down the exit button while powering up) and run the the software installer.
*after completion, remove the power cable for 30 sec.
*start the Virus Ti up while holding down the ARP-edit button (this resets the virus and is always a good thing to do after a update)

This method always worked for me

Good luck