Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.01.2009, 01:50 AM
New here
New here

Default Multi-timbrel issue.

I am using

Imac
Logic Studio 8
Access Virus Ti desktop - firewire directly to the Imac
Presonus Firepod audio interface.

My issue is that whenever I try to run the desktop multitimbrel, and try to use more than one sound, or even sometimes just using ONE sound, the track will mud up.

For instance, I am playing an arpeggio, and a bass at the same time, and out of nowhere in the track a random note of the arp will hold and will drown out the rest of the Virus sounds as if it were frozen or a pad....

Any ideas why this is happening? The virus has 16 voices, and yet I can barely run 1!!!!

Please help me out on this.
Old 29.01.2009, 04:34 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac247 View Post
I am using

Imac
Logic Studio 8
Access Virus Ti desktop - firewire directly to the Imac
Presonus Firepod audio interface.

My issue is that whenever I try to run the desktop multitimbrel, and try to use more than one sound, or even sometimes just using ONE sound, the track will mud up.

For instance, I am playing an arpeggio, and a bass at the same time, and out of nowhere in the track a random note of the arp will hold and will drown out the rest of the Virus sounds as if it were frozen or a pad....

Any ideas why this is happening? The virus has 16 voices, and yet I can barely run 1!!!!

Please help me out on this.
Sounds like the same old same old. I've found that playing a few channels on the Virus is a bit hit and miss. Voices loose their envelopes, lfos randomly change. Contact Access, thats what I'm doing. Still waiting for a reply though...
Old 29.01.2009, 10:47 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totty View Post
Sounds like the same old same old. I've found that playing a few channels on the Virus is a bit hit and miss. Voices loose their envelopes, lfos randomly change. Contact Access, thats what I'm doing. Still waiting for a reply though...
i don't think above has much to do with the "random note of the arp will hold and will drown out the rest".

marc
Old 29.01.2009, 11:10 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
i don't think above has much to do with the "random note of the arp will hold and will drown out the rest".

marc
You tell me!
Old 29.01.2009, 08:59 PM
New here
New here

marc...that is not what I meant...

It can be a mouse farting on a snare drum....if I use more than one sound with my virus during tracks, a random note on one of the sounds will just hold the entire song or sometimes stop at random intervals while drowning out other sounds...

THIS should not be an issue with said amazing peice of machinery...

I don't care how complex ONE sound is...noway I shouldnt be able to host a couple sounds on a 16 voice synth.

Unless they expect all 16 sounds to sound like a casio

I still need resolution to this issue as it is frustrating the hell out of me.
Old 29.01.2009, 09:28 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Hit the panic button and start the seq over. Record each part into your sequencer seperately after you've created it. It's easy using unison and arps to kill polyphony and create wierd virusness. I always work with it and sample the parts when I'm happy with it.

I deal with it I guess.
Old 29.01.2009, 09:36 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac247 View Post
marc...that is not what I meant...

It can be a mouse farting on a snare drum....if I use more than one sound with my virus during tracks, a random note on one of the sounds will just hold the entire song or sometimes stop at random intervals while drowning out other sounds...

THIS should not be an issue with said amazing peice of machinery...

I don't care how complex ONE sound is...noway I shouldnt be able to host a couple sounds on a 16 voice synth.

Unless they expect all 16 sounds to sound like a casio

I still need resolution to this issue as it is frustrating the hell out of me.
did you contact access support?

marc