Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.09.2009, 03:08 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Howto: Place preset/template folder on different location (Vista/2008/Win7 Only)

Hello

One thing that i thought was a bit annoying was that i could not place the virus control presets/template folder on another location.

Especially when using Win7, it could not read the new location for "My Documents", and always putted it in "C:\Users.." which is not my mirrored drive.

But then i came up with an idea to make a symlink to another folder:

Using this http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/ Guide i created symlink for both preset and remote template folders.
the reason for not just linking to the Virus TI folder, was that i for some reason, was unable to delete the "C:\Users...\Virus TI" folder, which is required to make a symlink instead.

this was my commands, it is pretty straight forward:

mklink /d "C:\Users\Mindfields\Documents\Access Music\Virus TI\Patches" "E:\Audio\Presets & Expansions\Virus TI\Yum Kaax\Patches"
mklink /d "C:\Users\Mindfields\Documents\Access Music\Virus TI\Remote Templates" "E:\Audio\Presets & Expansions\Virus TI\Yum Kaax\Remote Templates"

- Jakob

Danish progressive trance and downbeat/chillout!