Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 12.04.2006, 12:44 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Default Multi editing live with Ti?

If you make a multi drumset, can you tweek all of the singles in the multi at the same time, without having to change between the singles by clicking up and down between them?

In a live situation, I dont want to have to click between the singles in the multi, while im playing and tweeking them.

Id like all of the controlls to affect all of the parts in the multi at the same time. Its for percussive effects, not like a traditionaly a drumset with kick, snare etc. Each sound must be isolated on each own key, and not overlap eachother.

I cant see this being possible

Says nothing about it in the manual...

Allso, could you then have one multi arpeggio, that plays all the singles in the multi as they where one program? That would be wicked!
Old 12.04.2006, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Multi editing live with Ti?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker
Allso, could you then have one multi arpeggio, that plays all the singles in the multi as they where one program? That would be wicked!
How about assigning the same arpeggio to all of your singles, and set all the singles to respond to the same midi channel (ie play at the same time) and see how the DSPs stand up to that? The arpeggio must be a preset for this to work, since you can't copy a user pattern from one patch to another. Sad but true.

mr o
Old 13.04.2006, 07:00 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Orange
Quote:
How about assigning the same arpeggio to all of your singles, and set all the singles to respond to the same midi channel (ie play at the same time) and see how the DSPs stand up to that? The arpeggio must be a preset for this to work, since you can't copy a user pattern from one patch to another. Sad but true.

mr o
Hmm, well cant you just copy the arp from one program to another?

And I would belive that the second key you press will just restart the arp, and not follow the one before..
Old 01.05.2006, 04:22 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Orange
Quote:

mr o
Ok, I tried it out. If you use the same arpeggio on each part, they will restart each time. But I figured out another way to achive this: By using a vsti arpeggio in the sequencer, and let it effect the whole multi range. Havent tried it yet, but I will tonight. I cant see why it want work...

All the parts in the multi must have the same midi channel assigned, of cource..
Old 01.05.2006, 04:39 PM
Amateur
Amateur

And regarding multi editing, you cant do this eighter! It says nothing about it in the manual, but you have to change between the parts, using the part selector, to be aloud to tweek each parts parameters.

I was hoping that it changed to the coresponding part, when you press its coresponding key. But I guess they excluded that, because it would make problems if you press two or more keys with different parts attached. What part should you edit, then?

The only way I can see this possibly working, is remote controling it with Midi yoke/ox, and another hardware controller. Midi ox can trancelate one controller to controll multiple parameters.

That way, it should be possible to say controll the cutoff from all the 16 parts, with one controller from another hardware controller device.

This way, the virus must be completly remote controlled, though.