Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 24.03.2006, 11:25 PM
New here
New here

Default Blank boot up screen news...

Not that i want to spread bad news but today i spoke the 'virus expert' at the dealer i got my ti from about my constant blank boot up screen.

He basically said that all the ti s that have got this problem are being sent back to access as they themselves have admitted its a genuine hardware fault.

Read into this what you will, i simply thought those with the same boot up problem might like to know.

Cheers
Old 24.03.2006, 11:37 PM
Pro
Pro

how many times did you have a blank boot up screen?
http://www.thechildhealthsite.com
Old 24.03.2006, 11:46 PM
New here
New here

everytime i turned it off at the wall switch/plug and turned it back on. i know most people only get it once in a while, the bloke hadnt heard of one that did it all the time. Shame, other than that the synth was rock solid. Like a lot of people here, it just made me uneasy about the thing. It looks as thoughmy fears have been confirmed.
Old 25.03.2006, 01:12 AM
New here
New here

I feared this was going to be the case even though some insist that it is strictly due to buggy code. Like you, I have this problem everytime I unplug it or put it to sleep.
Old 25.03.2006, 10:33 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I used to have blank displays with older os but with 1.0.9 everytime boots fine.
Old 25.03.2006, 02:09 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I have never encountered this problem.

My Virus TI is connected to a surge protective, filtered power strip with 24 outlets (Middle Atlantic racks, for anyone interested) that is always off power when not in use.

(Virus TI version 1.09)
Old 25.03.2006, 11:00 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektrobolt
My Virus TI is connected to a surge protective, filtered power strip with 24 outlets (Middle Atlantic racks, for anyone interested) that is always off power when not in use.
Bandaid solution #57.

The TI is a sensative little flower isn't it.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 26.03.2006, 06:36 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Quote:
Bandaid solution #57.

Actually it isn't a solution just a coincidence mine is connected (and the only device at the moment) to a furman power conditioner as well. Still exhibits the same problem.
Old 26.03.2006, 10:43 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Quote:
Bandaid solution #57.

WHAT!?! This has nothing to do with the Virus at all. I have ALL my electronic devices connected to this type of "bandaid solution"; so should anyone! After all, it is just electronics, not invincible tanks. Even cars have had their electronic circuits protected by fuses for a long time. Most appliances (even working on regular circuits) have auto-breakers (fuses) built-in.

So my point is that this is a common problem with the power networks. You'd be surprised how the power in electrical grids fluctuate! In some parts of the world (talking from experience) the difference between high and low voltage has been outside accepted ranges of some of my devices (luckily some are more resilient to "flux") so I have had to acquire quite a few power supply units (PSU).

I still operate about half my devices on PSU's (some just because of their need to "shutdown" properly; like Windows). That way when the city goes blackout, I can save and shutdown, without loosing my mind and my hair.

Some people ask how reliable a device is for live use... I ask how many circuit protectors and PSU's do you have?

I understand that most people are worried about live because it is different than a studio. However, a common problem with live sessions is that the way power is supplied (with all kinds of extension, split and join boxes) THAT is often the definition of the power problem. If you use a conditioner and a PSU per every few units, you are pretty much in the studio, with stable power and WITH power. Many people don't even THINK about that.
Old 27.03.2006, 03:24 AM

I shouldn't have jumped at you Electrobolt as I'm actually running a conditioner as well.

It's just the number of posts are increasing with workarounds to help the TIs run smoothly, and I assumed you had brought up the PSU/conditioner topic as a way to help the "blank screen" issue.

After all the subject heading does read "Blank boot up screen news..."

Maybe you misread the subject right?
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut