Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 17.04.2006, 05:31 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default Program select in multi ?

I've scanned the manual but I think I'm missing something here.
How do you step through the programs one-by-one in multi mode ?

I'm using the desktop in plain old midi mode in the rehersal room selecting parts and using the shift/value3 control it jumps 3 at a time.

Think I'm going mad....
Old 18.04.2006, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Program select in multi ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threlly
I've scanned the manual but I think I'm missing something here.
How do you step through the programs one-by-one in multi mode ?

I'm using the desktop in plain old midi mode in the rehersal room selecting parts and using the shift/value3 control it jumps 3 at a time.

Think I'm going mad....
I'd love to hear of an easier way, but in EDIT MULTI once you turn the VALUE 3 knob this activates the VALUE -/+ buttons, and you can then step through programs.
Old 18.04.2006, 01:27 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

yeah, I just didn't want to be friggin around in edit mode all the time.
Thanks anyhow.
Old 28.04.2006, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threlly
yeah, I just didn't want to be friggin around in edit mode all the time.
Thanks anyhow.
Isn't that what sequence mode is for? I never use multi mode when I'm messin' around, changing sounds, experimenting with set ups etc. I do all that in sequence mode. It doesn't need constantly saving (the TI remembers it all even after a power down) and when it does come to saving the setup, that's an easy process too - just store the configuration as a multi.

I never owned a C, but I think that was called working in 'Multi-Single' mode, and amounted to about the same thing. I totally agree; you don't want to be friggin around in edit mode all the time.
mr o
Old 29.04.2006, 09:13 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

Quote:
Isn't that what sequence mode is for?
I have heard a few people say this but would that not mean that all your sounds will be on different channels?

I'd love to see VC have a section where you can load up patches and set the key maps out. I love layering sounds and have layed out certain maps in my head. I just cannot be bothered going through loads of menus to make them. Anyway we'll see what happens
Cheers
kris

Map
Bass drum lowest c
Bass drum and hh c#
bassdrum,hh and snare d
bassdrum,hh,snare and clap d#
hh,snare and clap e
hh and clap f
clap f#

Rest of the synth can be changed to suit style. This would allow you to play drums with one finger just find the proper arp.

I'll make this when I stop playing with other things.
Old 30.04.2006, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Program select in multi ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7
I'd love to hear of an easier way, but in EDIT MULTI once you turn the VALUE 3 knob this activates the VALUE -/+ buttons, and you can then step through programs.
Edit Config > System 5/5 > Navigation = By Parameter (rather than by page). That way, you don't need to turn the value 3 knob, just use the parameters buttons to navigate between bank and program. Small consolation, but may be of some use.

mr o
Old 30.04.2006, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopkris40
I have heard a few people say this but would that not mean that all your sounds will be on different channels?
Yes you're right there. I hadn't thought in terms of keyboard splits. Reading the old C manual (although I never owned a C myself), it looks like the old multi-single mode was better suited to setting up a multi. Rather than multi-single being a separate mode altogether, it seems to be just an alternative, more intuitive, way of selecting programs for each part.

Nice to see you posting here Bishopkris.

mr o
Old 22.05.2006, 12:36 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

This is my first virus mate, loving it so far. Hopefully they'll return to peoples favorite ways of working.

Cheers Mr O, I'm posting all over the place. Too much spare time at work

I so far have made about 5 multi's. Just sounds I like that I want to layer. But I have also set up a couple of split programs. Just because I mostly just play with no computer. Best way of getting the juices flowing, and man I need help at doing that most of the time. I will at some point make my drum kit included but until I get a search function I cannot search all my patches, man there's thousands out there.

Cheers