Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 01.10.2009, 05:14 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Default Home Forum Skill Names List

I was wondering if we could held a miror to ourselfs to check in what kind of stadion of skills we are...

We could make or develop a sort of list wich shows different skills in different disciplines...

A sort of system with points. That would give you an idea what you already know and what you don't know...

Different disciplines could be for example... SOUND DESINGER, PRODUCER, RECORDING ENGINEER, MIXING ENGINEER, MASTERING ENGINEER, COMPOSER, GENERAL SOUND ENGINEER...

so, if you can write good basslines and melodies and can write whole progressions because of good creativity and knowledge of music theory you have COMPOSING skills...

If you can make very complex sounds from scratch because of good creativity and knowledge of the physics of sound, know allot of how humans ear works, knows about acoustics etc... you have SOUND DESIGN skills...

A PRODUCER is more a man (I think) who arranges pieces or phrases of music that already are created...

MASTERING skills are skills you can put 10 pieces of music composition to sit wright on a cd...

RECORDING engineers have skills to record sounds...

MIXINg engineers have skills to make a balance...

Maybe there are more... I think sometimes people are stuck and don't know what they need to fullfill the learning process... maybe this could help to not give yourself ''I am a pro '' titel. But maybe makes it more possible to see wich skills you miss, so you can boost yourself in the right way...

It was just a stupid idea...