Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 27.04.2006, 07:06 PM

Default Link from Access site again?

How about trying to get this forum linked from the Access web site once again? Marc seemed amenable to TGND's forum to be linked, so why not this one? For this reason, I would hesitate before opening up the forum to too many 'other' synths. Dunno.

Also, maybe posts such as...
Quote:
Originally Posted by namshub
THE VIRUS TI is the most unstable piece of utter crap i have ever used....
or how about...
Quote:
access U are fucking cunts for actually putting such a piece of crap on the market and therefore endangering the common publick with me tosssing it out the wondow and killing a granny.... U SUCK!!!
probably don't do us any favours!

mr o
Old 27.04.2006, 07:37 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Re: Link from Access site again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Orange
Also, maybe posts such as...
Quote:
THE VIRUS TI is the most unstable piece of utter crap i have ever used....
or how about...
Quote:
access U are fucking cunts for actually putting such a piece of crap on the market and therefore endangering the common publick with me tosssing it out the wondow and killing a granny.... U SUCK!!!
probably don't do us any favours!

mr o
Have you seen namshub's new custom title? I couldn't resist changing that either

Though to get linked from access I think there would have to be heavier handed moderation, deleting unconstructive bitching like that, or moving it all to a single thread so it isn't all over the board.

In some ways I don't think censorship is a good thing, but I don't think Access had a problem with legitimate gripes, just the outright attacks and nonsense, like that guy bitching about not being able to get one from a particular retailer.

My view is I'd happily lose the small amount of freedom of expression to get marc and the access guys and particularly ben back here as it was fantastic having responses and help from them.
Old 27.04.2006, 11:57 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I think the site should be kept as it is, totally uncensored.....BUT people just ranting or flaring up like complete idiots should have warnings about thier behaviour and asked to apologise if its deemed necessary. To many warnings and your out on your arse.

I know the invision forum software actually has a warning system where a mod can ammend a users profile to show they have been warned and give a reason for it. Then everyone can point and laugh at them

ten
Old 28.04.2006, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

This is a totally uncensored forum, users may say whatever they want even if it's bad stuff about Access. I'd sure be frustrated if I went out and spent 24.995:- SEK on Virus TI and it didn't work properly.

(~25.000:- SEK = $3.283 US, = ?2.642 EU, = $4.291 AUD, = 375.521 Yen). That's quite alot of cash on a synthesizer that doesn't work as stated (I know. It do work but not fully or if you're a lucky user then woho!)

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 28.04.2006, 03:11 AM

It's a tough call....being uncensored (to a degree) is nice, but I do agree that some posts are really just rants, and maybe should be placed in OFF TOPIC????

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 28.04.2006, 03:57 AM

I'm all for the non-sensoring of this board. It's the only one that I know of and that's why I post here the most.

I think it was weak of Access to remove the link to this forum - shows lack of characture. Over the years this forum has provided more help to Access customers than any other, and to remove the link was strange.

We shouldn't change to make them happy!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 28.04.2006, 09:51 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
I'm all for the non-sensoring of this board. It's the only one that I know of and that's why I post here the most.

I think it was weak of Access to remove the link to this forum - shows lack of characture. Over the years this forum has provided more help to Access customers than any other, and to remove the link was strange.

We shouldn't change to make them happy!
I'm not so much worried about the link as who gives a fuck? Rather I think the loss was the access guys stopping posting. But yeah, leaving the board because they fucked up the release of the TI was pretty weak.
Old 28.04.2006, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

I bet that they removed us because of HC's little hoaxes about "The new Access synthesizer" Hahahaha.

And to be abit more serious; I really don't get it. They are really supportive and helpful on this board aslong it only is a matter of getting people how the use the cutoff knob on a Virus A/B/C or detune a sawlead but when people acctually are complaining about their faulty (Yes, it will be considered as a faulty unit until they get everything to work as they has stated so many times) TI, they flee the area really fast.

And yes, I do consider that some people isn't having any problems at all. But then again, if i buy a synthesizer for a large amount of cash I really don't wanna spend loads of cash to get new computer parts and hopefully it will work fine. I'd consider a TI but not until they have got rid of all those faults and they will hopefully get it fully working soon otherwise I'll probably wait for the MkII

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 28.04.2006, 06:40 PM

I agree with the general anti-censorship debate. From a moral philosophy viewpoint, there are two tricky issues:
1: Who decides?
2: What goes?

Let's not even go there.

So, it still remains that we could at least try to get re-linked from Access' site. There has been nothing to suggest any reason why the link was removed. We are but speculating here. When things have settled down, one of us could email Marc. There's certainly no harm in asking...

mr o
Old 28.04.2006, 07:46 PM
Administrator

It must've been a decision they made in unison as both Marc and BenC stopped visiting at the same time. They still visit the www.virusti.com forums.

I'm not one for censorship either, as everyone is entitled to their views (especially if paying that much for an item that is otherwise outwardly advertised as fully functioning), but the geniune nobheads do spoil it on behalf of the rest of us occasionally. I feel sorry that BenC and Marc left purely because of a minority. BenC especially as he's a good chap, and his contributions were also always welcome.

However, I'm with HollowC's views regards Access taking the link down. That was unfortunate, and left a bitter aftertaste.