Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 04.03.2013, 04:55 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default One synth to rule them all?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8FbJDbG2DfA
Old 04.03.2013, 06:01 PM
This forum member lives here

I saw some of the vague marketing stuff around this a few days ago, and just thought to myself "not enough info" (to make it worthwhile). I love NI stuff but I can't help but wonder if this isn't more of a marketing stunt than something that will really wow us. I guess we'll see soon. I'm planning to buy Komplete at some point so maybe this will give me the push I need
Old 04.03.2013, 06:08 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, I think this will probably be something similar to Uhe's Diva or Waves Audio's Element. There's a new trend for very analogue sounding software synthesizers and this could be NI's take on it.
Old 04.03.2013, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Saw the trailer the other day.

Komplete 9. (Komplete 8 is currently on sale).

As for new, Reaktor 6, maybe?
Old 04.03.2013, 09:46 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post

As for new, Reaktor 6, maybe?
that would kill

and while we're at it, I wonder what they'll do with massive and fm8 - since they've grown to an almost mystic status, these days. some real hands on interface for synthesizers, like they've done with maschine would also kill. and bring them one step closer to build something like a daw... would be interesting to see them jump into the hardware synthesizer market to, but I hardly doubt it..
Old 11.03.2013, 03:14 PM
Veteran
Veteran

The new synthesizer by Native Instruments is called "Monark", and it'll be released along with Komplete 9 and at least a new version of Battery.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...te-9-ultimate/

the updates seem rather cheap for what's on the package. nothing new, I think NI offers plenty of bang for the buck compared to competition. looking forward to see what else comes up

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...ums/battery-4/

EDIT

the page is available now:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...mplers/monark/

another analogue modeling synthesizer, like we've seen in the competition, in the lines of Diva, Element by Waves, etc.
Old 11.03.2013, 06:18 PM

Talk about marketing hype.. Jeez, a monophonic synth that runs in reaktor marketed as "one synth to rule them all"?

NI makes good stuff but they need to be careful about letting the marketing douchebags run amok and cry wolf like that -- it reflects badly on their products.
Old 11.03.2013, 09:34 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
Talk about marketing hype.. Jeez, a monophonic synth that runs in reaktor marketed as "one synth to rule them all"?

NI makes good stuff but they need to be careful about letting the marketing douchebags run amok and cry wolf like that -- it reflects badly on their products.
Yeah a minimoog modeling synth isn't going to rule them all no matter how good it sounds. The new battery 4 looks tasty though & at only $149 for the Komplete upgrade I might just bite. Damn & I said I wouldn't be buying anymore gear this year but at that price it would be rude not too Lol.
Old 11.03.2013, 09:44 PM

I still plan to get Komplete at some point, and a new synth added to it never hurts, but the marketing hype that led up to this Monark synth seems disproportionate to me. Even if it does sound great, over hyping it is not going to sell it -- watching it climb to the top of KVR ranks on its own merit would. It sort of feels like someone in marketing felt pressure to pump Komplete advertising and used this new synth as the lever. I listened to the demo and didn't hear anything special, and even if it does sound great its still monophonic (which usually means too CPU hungry to run well polyphonically).
Old 11.03.2013, 10:39 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBTC View Post
I still plan to get Komplete at some point, and a new synth added to it never hurts, but the marketing hype that led up to this Monark synth seems disproportionate to me. Even if it does sound great, over hyping it is not going to sell it -- watching it climb to the top of KVR ranks on its own merit would. It sort of feels like someone in marketing felt pressure to pump Komplete advertising and used this new synth as the lever. I listened to the demo and didn't hear anything special, and even if it does sound great its still monophonic (which usually means too CPU hungry to run well polyphonically).
Well if you plan on getting it I don't think it will get much cheaper. Even at $559 for the full version you are getting a LOT of bang for your buck. All that stuff for less than half the price of a virus snow!
At $149 for the upgrade you get a new synth, totally reworked battery (which I use a lot) the studio FX , session strings etc. Really not a bad deal at all me think's.