Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.06.2013, 12:26 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Default Production workflow problem. Any suggestion?

Hi I encountered a serious work flow problem. Already for awhile...

When programming I put 1 to 16 parts appart on midi tracks (has to be). And Virus vst where is the audio 1 channal. Get it?

part 1 bassline
part 2 pad
part 3 anther pad
part 4 lead
part 5 undefind
part ...

I make a sound and I want to modulate several parameters via midi.
Now the problem is that I can put a phrase in the arrangement view. Notes only. If I want to modulate knobs I always have to make an extra midi phrase on the vst channel. I hate this because when still producing the mainframe of a track. I want to rearrange constantly. Which means when I drag (the block) phrase back or forward on the time line the modulated scores are on the vst channel and don't move with it. This can become very messy to to have all modulations on the vst channal.

Any suggestions?

I really love my virus but Sometimes I think... that just another vst synth like sylenth or any other doesn't have this problem. All information is in one midiblock...
Old 15.06.2013, 01:06 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I think what you're saying is you'd like to have separate automation on each midi channel so you could rearrange it freely, right?

You're probably writing all the automation on the plug-in itself. So, there might be a better answer for you (I don't own the TI myself, I have the C), but you can definitely write and record midi information on each of the 16 channels - I know that because that's how I do it. You'd just need to grab a CC list with all the parameters, possibly make a template for it with all the names, then just record or write automation there.

I think this is probably betraying the Virus Control spirit in some fashion, but... who cares?
Old 15.06.2013, 05:13 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Assuming you're talking about Ableton Live, with version 9 you can record the automation of your knob movements in the same track/midi/Virus channel where you got the notes.

I don't understant why you would do another midi phrase in the same channel, because you are talking about tweaking the sound, am I right?

So if this is correct you have to fight with knobs and automation only.
I usually record a midi clip with notes, then record my knobs tweaking in the same clip. Let me know if this works for you.

my soundcloud page
Old 16.06.2013, 02:28 PM
Infektion taking hold...

thats the problem... In Ableton I cannot record knob movemets in the same clip. I have to make an extra clip where the virus control is (audio 1).

where the virus control is I can configure which knob I want to control. But not in the same clip...

It is different in Ableton9? I just installed ableton 9... gonna check out