Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 11.06.2013, 07:30 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Basic LFO pitch question

Hi, im trying to do a rather simple trick with my newly bought TI, but i cant find the right setting for it.

Basically, i have a sound made up by three oscillators, and then i want the pitch for all three to follow a simple lfo sine wave. Up and down, and up again, and then down. and then.... The effect i want is the same as if i would have synced them all and turned a detune knob +- 50% continuously

However, i cant assign the lfos to control the ocs as i want.. Any tip here? do i use the matrix assign section for this?
Old 12.06.2013, 02:13 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Those are pre-assigned on the LFO section. Just select one LFO, then choose "wave" as shape, sine should be the first one. Then on LFO one, if you press the select button you'll see that osc1 and osc2 at the same time is one of the options. Unfortunately, there's no direct routing to osc3 - but you can slave it to osc2.

Edit

... and you need to set a value for the amount of modulation, either positive or negative. and you're good to go
Old 12.06.2013, 07:16 AM
Complete Newbie

Hi again, it seems that its going quite randomly up and down with the wave setting? And where can i set the positive and negative modulation?
Thanks for you help here!
Old 12.06.2013, 12:33 PM
Veteran
Veteran

When you select "wave" as shape, you need to use your "value" knobs or buttons to select the right one, since you have access to a list of 64 waves.

Make sure you select the sine wave (and be sure to try out the others, quite unique feature on the Virus )

Now, I believe you're possibly looking for one of two things:

1. you looking for an option for the LFO to "restart" with each key you play? On the "LFO EDIT" menu, select a value superior to 0 (completely off) on the "trigger phaser" (+1 gives you the desired effect I think.

2. The LFO is polyphonic by default and maybe that's not what you're looking for either. So set the LFO mode to Mono if you want the same LFO to go through all the notes you play. If you want it to sync to tempo, just set the clock on - in which case having the trigger phase on and off will produce different results.

3. this is just a note: the sub oscillator follows oscillator number one! so if you're modulating just oscillator two, for example, and have the sub oscillator mixed in, the results will not be pleasing to the ears imo. Making LFO pitch modulation with LFO 3 is different, make sure you experiment with that also

EDIT

once you select the destination for LFO modulation, you can use the value knobs and buttons to select a value for the modulation, either left (negative) or right (positive). That's it!

EDIT

forgot to say: instead of using the pre-wired destinations on the LFO section, you can scroll down to "assign" and choose transpose which is the equivalent to "main pitch" you find on many synthesizers.
Old 17.06.2013, 09:30 AM
Complete Newbie

ah. now i understand a little bit more how the virus work..ill have a go at this today..

cheers tweakhead