Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 27.05.2005, 09:04 AM
New here
New here

Default This must be the weirdest problem I?ve ever seen!

This must be the weirdest problem I?ve ever seen!

For some weeks ago my KC got a weird behavior. After a while of playing some certain patches in arpeggio - advanced patches where much is going on ? the synth did suddenly hang. This happen both on MIDI playback and if you play manual on the keyboard. You need to turn the main power OFF and ON to get it working again. And this problem has happen since. Nothing new installed, nothing new done, everything is like it has been for the last year in my studio.

I did some things just so I?ve done it: A full system reset, reinstalled all the patches, reinstalled the latest OS for the synth (two times), upgraded my soundcard BIOS and drivers with latest version and upgraded my studio software to latest version.

It didn?t help. The same weird behavior happened.

But then I noticed something even weirder! I started to time when the error occurred, to see if there was a pattern. And here comes the strange bit! Look at my log:

1. Attempt: The synth is starting cold ? it has been turned off the whole night.
I played the arpeggio patch for 25 minutes with no problems at all! I even added more voices, more intensive effect, played intensively on the keyboard in addition to the arpeggio going on the MIDI playback from my sequencer. The synth was working very hard the last 3-4 minutes.
After those 25 minutes, I stopped everything and eat breakfast. I let the power ON.

2. Attempt: The synth has been standing in standby (power ON) for 1 hour and 20 minutes, all leds blinking, at the same patch.

After only 5:20 minutes with MIDI playback, the synth hangs

Then I continued trying:

3. Attempt: After 4:55 minutes with MIDI playback, the synth hangs

4. Attempt: After 4:25 minutes with MIDI playback, the synth hangs

5. Attempt: After 3:34 minutes with MIDI playback, the synth hangs

NOW, my self and my synth need to rest!

But, what does this tell you? The first thing that comes to my mind is that this is clearly an overheating problem. But it hasn?t happened before. As I said: There?s nothing new with my studio or its environment! Everything is the same, even the room temperature! So, is this a poltergeist or what the f*** is it??? 8O

Best regards,
DSVO
Old 27.05.2005, 01:13 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

reinstall OS.
Old 27.05.2005, 02:48 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to harrystainer

What do you mean "hangs"? does it keep a note held or are the functions unresponsive or what?

In which case if a note is sustained after you release a key, press both transpose buttons simultaneously to stop it.
Old 27.05.2005, 04:07 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
reinstall OS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSVO
I did some things just so I?ve done it: A full system reset, reinstalled all the patches, reinstalled the latest OS for the synth (two times), upgraded my soundcard BIOS and drivers with latest version and upgraded my studio software to latest version.
Old 27.05.2005, 04:10 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrystainer
What do you mean "hangs"? does it keep a note held or are the functions unresponsive or what?

In which case if a note is sustained after you release a key, press both transpose buttons simultaneously to stop it.
It?s like when a computer hangs; it doesn?t respond and it spits out a weird sound when this happen. You need to turn it ON and OFF (reset it) to get it work again.

But, look at my log and the timing.