Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 18.09.2006, 02:00 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Loose Grip
Default Loose Grip - Gravel

(Ill put the same post here that I wrote to virusti.com)

Despite the MOTHERF.... virus sync problems I managed to create this song. It goes somewhere between house and electro. I think it sounds pretty fat. Tried to create some interesting rhythmic elements and tried to avoid using any pads or long sweeps.

I used 6 channels with virus and already got some dropouts, still can?t figure it out, there was not that much effecting, and unison was used in two channels (twin mode in both the two channels)... Sommed up polyphony must have been somewhere between 15 and 30. I think virus should do much better. I?m a bit dissappointed.

Soft used: battery, albino

Tell me what you think... Thanks in advance.

http://vpt.pp.fi/musa/biisit/Loose_Grip_gravel.mp3
Old 18.09.2006, 10:12 PM
This forum member lives here

Hey man! Really cool track...

Lots of interesting sounds going on, the mix sits nicely here. When the track kicks in, it doesnt seem to take it to the next level though, the progression reaches a point in energy, and doesnt pass that point where I think it should.

Hope that made some sense?

Also, I think the building snare roll sounds cliche. I would replace with somethingmore kick oriented or big tom rolls or something.

Great sounding composition and arrangement though. Good stuff!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 18.09.2006, 11:03 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Loose Grip

Thanks for the feedback bro.

I got your point and now that you mentioned it, youre absolutely right. Theres some lack of dynamics between the "climax" part and verse.
Although I did try not to compress it too much. Obviously something still needs to be done arrengementwise...

I?ll also try something else for the snare rolls, ?cause tha last thing I want is cliches.

Would you agree that there is enough dynamic difference in the last third of the song after the part with no kick drum for a while...? Im thinking the problem part is the first third of the song?
Old 19.09.2006, 12:06 AM

Yeah, the problem part is the first third....if you could introduce some new element, perhaps a underlying deep synth or percussive element, im not sure, but I think that would pick the song up.

Something to give it more drive for the "meat" of the song

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 29.09.2006, 08:42 PM
Pro
Pro

Not really my style but this is an interesting track. I agree with others (well jasedee ) that you could add some new elements to make the track more intersting. Anyway, you have many good sounds playing there already.