Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 12.10.2006, 04:01 AM
This forum member lives here

Default chill tunez anyone?

www.myspace.com/bentintentmusic

Just a coupla tracks Ive been working on recently...

Played an hours worth of this sort of gear at Audiogasm festival in cairns recently - upcoming gigs at Summer Solstice in Melbourne, Beka's Benefit Party NNSW, and hopefully Rainbow Serpent Festival Jan 07. Upcoming releases soon TBA.

All feedback welcome

cheers

Blay
Old 13.10.2006, 09:32 AM

Hey Pete...

Diggin the new styles mate! I was surprised actually... I thought you were a Psy Trance guy through and through...

Great to hear some new music directions - definately more up my alley

Jase

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 13.10.2006, 10:26 AM

cheers jase - you may have had the impression I produced trance because basically thats what my last flatmates are heavily into.... (sun control species/ sensient)

(edited: repeating myself as usual)

thanks for having a listen

cheers

pete
Old 15.10.2006, 09:39 AM

Don't have a great deal of time, but taking a quick listen to Return.

Nice stuff Blay! I like the feel of the track, specially like the ambience on some of the percussion. I'm always a sucker for some double bass as well.
Good choice of sounds, and a well laid out number - all up very cool.

Will definitely take a listen to some of your other stuff there later.

EDIT: "Later" turned into now.... I took a listen to the rest of your stuff. It's all very classy Blay and I'm pretty impressed. I think much of it has real commercial appeal, and the rest is just one step away. The only downfall I found was with the bass in a few of the tracks - just felt it could have been slightly more "crafted", but that doesn't take away from the fact that the structure/flow is spot on.

I would probably buy a disk of this stuff mate - very big compliment. Get your self some good vocalists and you may have a very "massive attacky" style thing happening (hope that's a compliment to you).

Yep, cool stuff.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 15.10.2006, 12:01 PM

Dont really know what to say HC, besides... thanks!

Im glad you picked on the bass (pardon the pun) cause I think most of it is average - Im pretty lazy with basslines, mainly because my focus is to start a live act where someone would be playing bass... its no excuse though, cause at some point I will have finalise mixes for hardcopy.

I have a friend moving with me to Cairns - he has been drumming for 18 years and is probably the best percussionist I have ever met - the two of us will form the core of a live act that will be able to draw on a number of musos we know to perform the various elements live...

Im sending off a demo for rainbow serpant festival tomoro - so wish me luck. My entire group of friends back in Melbourne are already on the bill, so I dont feel like being the odd one out this time

..and of course any comparison to Massive Attack on any level is a huge compliment - although I dont feel that the soundscapes I create are overly influenced by them - a lot of people get their hackles up when they are told they sound like someone else, but in this case it could be much worse

In regards to vocals - you may have heard the vocals at the start of bent empire - that was me drunken on a NT3 on the last night in my house in Melbourne... never again. If anyone knows a decent vocalist willing to collaborate on a chill project please let me know...

Thanks again for the reviews guys - your opinions are valued and motivating...

cheers

Pete