Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself If you are new to the forum it would be nice for the others to know who you are and what you do. So please post here.

Old 27.11.2009, 01:24 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Hey Guys! Just bought a baby snow!!

Well I've been obsessed with virus sounds since I got into production 6 years ago. Its been extremely frustrating putting if off year after year and focusing mainly on my music/mixing/mastering skills. People have always told me just focus on that and eventually the urge would go away.

Well I have focused on all of that, but the urge never left. So I saved for a bit and ordered my snow on the 23rd (first piece of hardware.. well second really I got a crappy novation xio from a while back too). Anyway its not going to be here till Sat, but I already went to the access website and read the manual! haha. Wanna make sure I'm ready to go the second it comes. What I do want to ask however, I am very much into trance music. And I'm curious how to go about getting the best trance banks (free ones). If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it. I design my own sounds as well but for sake of learning the virus quicker it would help a lot. Thanks guys! Will look forward to seeing you all in the other forums!
Old 27.11.2009, 08:10 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Hope you enjoy your virus as much as I do... after a very similar obsessive situation for the past 6 years, i bought a Virus TI desktop only about 6 weeks ago, and it is everything it's cracked up to be in my opinion (besides the 64 bit drivers)...

When you get your virus, the first thing you can do is register on the access-music.de forums with the serial number, and there is a number of good freely downloadable patch banks which will suit your needs if you are producing trance.

My other suggestion would be to learn as much as you can by creatively experimenting with the virus.

Don't be a preset monkey though, because (in my opinion) great dance music only comes from creating sounds that you can hear and feel before you make them... creating something that fits your what you imagine it to be is a key to successful mixing, and this is far more productive and musical than flicking through presets to find something that fits over some drums and a bass line (even if you tweak the sound to "fit").

The INIT patch is the most logical starting point.

That is not to say that exploring ready-made patches can't teach you a lot about how to make sounds.

Good luck with your mixing!