Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.11.2009, 05:36 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Very laggy UI on TI VST with x64

Hey there,

I have an Intel E6400 CPU + Intel D965 motherboard + 8gb RAM.

I just bought the Virus TI 61-key model yesterday and am beginning to play around. Really looking forward to getting the TI stuff up and running... but there's one BIG BIG BIG problem.

I understand I am running beta firmware and I will downgrade to a stable OS if needed.... but the TI VST is *incredibly* slow. It feels like the UI is updating at 2-3 FPS... tab changes generally occur in two frames of animation, spaced about a second apart. All my clicks take a noticeable amount of time to register.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, even with Direct Monitoring enabled, there is a very noticeable lag on key presses, both on the TI keyboard itself and through my other MIDI controller.

Also, when I quit my sequencer, I can't get any sound to come out of the Virus unless I reboot it.

Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks!

EDIT: I should have mentioned that I am running Win7 x64 and was using the 32-bit builds of both FLStudio and Cubase. This problem does not seem to exist when using Cubase5 x64 with the Virus TI VST3 x64 plugin.

Tom

---

My apologies if this is posted elsewhere, but I did try searching and didn't see anything similar.

Last edited by luciphercolors : 23.11.2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 23.11.2009, 06:39 AM
Complete Newbie

yeah, that's just how it is.
Old 23.11.2009, 07:25 AM
Pro
Pro

Good idea to always close the project down, then quit the sequencer. What DAW are you using? Also I really dont think you should be getting latency like that, mine runs fine. and I'm on a 2.3ghz quad core, 4gb ram, xp 32bit w/ Ultralite MK3 on 512 buffer and it feels fine usually. I do notice that if you tab in and out of Cubase 5 a few times, the Virus can start to bug out - pitching notes incorrectly, lagging a bit and generally stuffing up. When it does I just save the project and do a reboot of synth and OS, and its fine again.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 23.11.2009, 08:17 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

The lag with x64 plugin is a common bug. VST3 version of it seems to run faster than VST2.4 on my computer.
Old 23.11.2009, 07:12 PM
Complete Newbie

Ok, hopefully it will be fixed on release. I don't recall seeing a VST3 plugin in Cubase but I will check again.

Also, with both Cubase5 (x32, VST2) and FLStudio, if I load up the TI plugin and then shut down the sequencer, my TI is not usable and I have to reboot it. What's up with that?

You are right the VST3 feels a bit smoother.

EDIT: Just tested Cubase5 x64 with Virus TI VST x64 and it is much, much smoother. I guess I know what I have to use now. Also, the synth now operates normally when I quit.
Old 24.11.2009, 12:03 AM
Pro
Pro

Try closing the project first before quitting, and see if it occurs.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 28.11.2009, 12:08 AM
Complete Newbie

Figured it out, I have to disable MIDI on the "Virus Synth" midi device in order to get control again