Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 07.06.2009, 06:58 PM
New here
New here

Default Using Snow live with hardware sequencers?

Hi. I am (was) mainly a guitarist and since purchasing a Virus Snow, things have changed. Shortly, my current plan is to use the Snow as my main source of 'electronic sounds'. They can be anything: arpeggiated sounds, pads, leads, bass, drum sounds, effects... I will be using a Novation Remote SL MK II 25 controller. I'll also be using a bass and a guitar from time to time. So my questions are:

What equipment would enable me to sequence the Snow (the most important), play drums-sampled or high quality synthesized sounds (the second most important), sample and play live sounds-guitar for example (important)? The system must NOT use computer, all dedicated hardware units please. I'll be using the system live. So, it should be as compact and reliable as possible while being relatively easy to use and powerful.

I've looked at AKAI MPCs, old Roland and Yamaha 'music studios', Korg Electribe series and Elektron Machinedrum. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
Old 08.06.2009, 05:39 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default Mpc 1000

personally I'd go for an MPC 1000, it has a good sequencer, sampler and pads for triggering.
It also has some pretty good effects and sound mangling like the bigger 250 and 5000
Old 09.06.2009, 11:58 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

I don't think Electribe would go, 'cause its sequencer is monophonic, so you won't be able to get chords to use it for pads, etc. It also can't store transmit velocity for your sequences.
As far as I know, Elektron is quite similar to Electribes...

AkAI MPC would be your best pick here )))
________
M20

Last edited by MAX : 27.01.2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09.06.2009, 05:39 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Yes...i agree too...even though i work with a genoQs Nemo nowadays as a standalone sequencer i worked a very long time with a MPC 2000XL before which was a very stable and good sampler/sequencer/drumcomputer.
Old 09.06.2009, 06:17 PM
New here
New here

Thank you for all your responses. I'll go with MPC 1000.