Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 04.11.2005, 10:42 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Default The TI is making me smile at last.

There are a lot of posts here from unhappy people, and I've done my fair share of ranting about how disappointed I have been.

However, this synth is working well for me now after the updates. It still falls out of time a little, and there are some minor problems that I have chalked up with Access, but on the whole, this is by far the best piece of electronic music making equipment on the market, and there is plenty of evidence that Access are working hard at getting the updates out to everyone quickly.

After a very productive evening of music making last night, I'd like to say thanks to Access for such an inspiring dream machine, and thanks to Ben for being here to listen to all of our ranting.

pseudo
Old 04.11.2005, 11:29 AM
Pro
Pro

Hey pseudonym...

Do you use the usb-connection? I can see that you also have a G5 and logic pro in use, so can you tell how the TI works in Logic? I'm mostly interested in the cpu usage when using a few tracks of TI and both usb stereo channels. And how much can you tax the cpu's that the TI won't cause any clicks & pops? I use 512 buffer and 24bit 44.1kHz due to dsp cards so I don't use any lower buffers.

Any idea if the rest of the usb gear will work if I add a TI? I have a Motu microlite 5+5 midi i/o connected to the usb. My computer is a dual 1.8GHz G5 and motu 828 mk2.
Old 04.11.2005, 11:32 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
However, this synth is working well for me now after the updates. It still falls out of time a little, and there are some minor problems that I have chalked up with Access, but on the whole, this is by far the best piece of electronic music making equipment on the market, and there is plenty of evidence that Access are working hard at getting the updates out to everyone quickly.
Good to hear!

if you got any special tweaks and tips that helped you along the way, please share...might be helpful to others having difficulties

Best,
midi.
Old 04.11.2005, 07:25 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

special tweaks include completely reinstalling OS X with nothing but the OS, Logic Pro 7.1.1 and the Virus TI.

I had MIDI problems which are now gone, though I tried reinstalling my EMI 2|6 I/O, and that still doesn't work as the main I/O with the TI in USB mode.

Logic hangs itself - but I can't be bothered anymore to force the TI to behave with my set up - the synth is so powerful and amazing that I'm willing to rebuild my system around it... ie. get a Firewire RME which I've wanted for a while anyway.

Using the TI has been bliss for the last couple of days - I have 8 parts all cranking out amazing textures and rhythms - being able to bounce parts down like a softsynth really speeds up the process of developing a track and trying things out...

As far as fitting into other setups, I really don't know - every system is a case study in itself - all I know is that reinstalling the OS worked for me.

I'd be happy to answer any more questions specifically about my Logic setup...

My buffer settings have to be either 32, 64 or 128 - anything else and the latency is noticable and annoying. Like I said there are still some minor timing issues - in that the engine doesn't sync immediately on playback, especially when bouncing audio - bounced audio sounds like a very bad DJ - galloping horses

pseudo
Old 05.11.2005, 06:37 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

how about some sound samples?
Old 05.11.2005, 06:44 AM
New here
New here

HI pseudo

I agree, it's a derma machine I've been running my TI since the 1.05 release. Sure it bugs out some times but not enough to hate it like i did before

--Bonkers
Old 05.11.2005, 01:08 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

sound samples - hmmm - opening my laboratory for the world to see...

...not just yet
Old 05.11.2005, 05:47 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonym
special tweaks include completely reinstalling OS X with nothing but the OS, Logic Pro 7.1.1 and the Virus TI.
I tried the same thing on my powerbook, reinstalling os x from scratch and then just Live 5.02 and the Virust TI drivers. But I get the same strange results.

Strange thing is when VirusControl is off both standard midi and audio over USB seem to be fine for the Virus with the powerbook. As far as I can tell everything is in sync and playing back fine. But whatever path the VirusControl plugin takes for sending music data to the TI has something that is slowing it down; even just playing back a single part with just a few notes struggles to keep up.