Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.03.2006, 03:46 PM
New here
New here

Default descision on a new synth ( Virus Ti or Korg Radius )

Now that many of you have had time with your Ti's I was wondering if you could relate your experince using it. What you've loved and hated.

I am in the market for my next synth and am considering the Ti or the Korg Radius. See Radius Link...http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_...&category_id=1

So far I've determined that I do like the Ti ( integration features, appearing as a soft synth etc ) , but on the other hand I think that the physcial layout of the knobs of the Korg MS2000 / Radius to be a lot more logical. I used to own a MS2000 and a Virus A, and much preferred the layout of the MS2000 ( note that the radius layout is based on the same ). The Ti's knob layout doesn't look all that impressive/logical to me. For me personally I've found that a logical layout of the knobs goes a long way for the understanding, enjoyment and programmatibility of a synth, its all personal preference I realise.

Can anyone here share their views and experience on the matter? I know Korg is pricing this in direct competition with the Virus... historically Korg has never really led the way or stolen the thunder from whats 'in', they always sat on the sidelines ( with good kit mind you )..... will korg do it this time?

thanks in advance for any advice, comments.

cheers[img][/img]
* Reason 3

HARDWARE
* Toshiba A70 P4 2.8 Laptop / 1 GB Ram
* EMU 1616m
* Doepfer Modular
* Focusrite Mixmaster
* Focusrite Voicemaster
Old 08.03.2006, 05:56 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Virus TI - lovely feeling keyboard
Radias - *Probably* a really horrible keyboard - I would say get a rack version, but the extra for the keyboard is minimal...

Beyond that - I cant relate to buying a synth on just on features... Buying a synth on that basis can land you with a real serious risk of ending with something that has every feature you could wish for, and yet you just plain dont get on with its sound, and so you end up not using it much, and its a waste of money basically (unless bought second hand so u can flog it for the same price). Sometimes a sound you dont likie slowly grows on you (I didnt like the souds of Nords, but slowly its growing...)

As a TI owner and having heard a bunch of demos of the Radias, it seems they are both more than different enough for some people so end up with both (actually I know of someone who does allready have both).

I do quite like what the Radias seems to offer sound wise - if I didnt have some of the gear I allready have, then I might seriously consider getting one if after having a play with one if I liked it - a Virus TI would still be a first choice and a Radias would be a companion to the TI. As it is - I feel no deparation and maybe buy the time Im looking for a change of synth - the price might have dropped

Just to throw in something random - you could buy an Alesis Fusion synth workstation for considerably less if its features you are after. I have been vaguely thinking of dumping my Motif ES rack for an 8HD (88 key weighted version - still slighly cheaper than the radias, it has 32 track sequencers, 8 track audio recorder, 4 synth engines, incl VA, FM sampling, and physical modelling). It seems to have had a ropey start (OS bugs, crappy initial set of sounds etc) but Alesis have just massively reduced the price on it, and there some good sound sets for it and its quite easy to program and serves as a useful sampler. For me it would be more of a tool kit for sampling, sequencing etc, but I do quite like its FM capability and the stock sound presets are useful now as well.
Old 08.03.2006, 08:33 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

the Korg Radius engine was built from ground up and it is not an upgraded ms2000...
you better play them both and see which one give more plessure to your ears...
Old 09.03.2006, 05:08 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Re: descision on a new synth ( Virus Ti or Korg Radius )

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoculture
but on the other hand I think that the physcial layout of the knobs of the Korg MS2000 / Radius to be a lot more logical. I used to own a MS2000 and a Virus A, and much preferred the layout of the MS2000 ( note that the radius layout is based on the same ). The Ti's knob layout doesn't look all that impressive/logical to me. For me personally I've found that a logical layout of the knobs goes a long way for the understanding, enjoyment and programmatibility of a synth, its all personal preference I realise.
I think i speak for all of us here to say.I bought the Ti because of its capabilities (Amazing sound, VC, up to 80 Voices,Apr Edit,Usb-keeping things in a Digital domain and Ti,Wavetables,Saws Etc Etc)
Whats under the bonnet,not the Physical layout of the knobs 8O
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 09.03.2006, 08:37 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The girl next door
I think i speak for all of us here to say.I bought the Ti because of its capabilities (Amazing sound, VC, up to 80 Voices,Apr Edit,Usb-keeping things in a Digital domain and Ti,Wavetables,Saws Etc Etc)
As I said, its all personal preference.

To my thinking, the knobs and physcial layout ( interface ) is how we interact with a synth. For myself this is highly important that the interface be logical and mimic the sound flow ( as in the sound diagram ) more or less. I view the layout as a capability.

I also was not impressed with the english version of the manual ( for the virus A anyway ). It seemed unclear even vauge at times.
* Reason 3

HARDWARE
* Toshiba A70 P4 2.8 Laptop / 1 GB Ram
* EMU 1616m
* Doepfer Modular
* Focusrite Mixmaster
* Focusrite Voicemaster
Old 09.03.2006, 11:00 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ZEBASTIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoculture
Quote:
Originally Posted by The girl next door
As I said, its all personal preference.

To my thinking, the knobs and physcial layout ( interface ) is how we interact with a synth. For myself this is highly important that the interface be logical and mimic the sound flow ( as in the sound diagram ) more or less. I view the layout as a capability.

I also was not impressed with the english version of the manual ( for the virus A anyway ). It seemed unclear even vauge at times.

it seems you have already made your decision........so go for it!!!.....Radias seems to have what you need...so whats the confusion??
Old 09.03.2006, 04:39 PM
New here
New here

Virus get big amount of bugs and it's a not finished synth.

Access give us some hope when announcing the 1.1 release with what we paid for : The remote control.

But now no date for the next Update. And bug like hang up synth when powering on the TI (that can only be repaired by unplugging/plug the power cord) is left from release 1.0 to 1.0.9 uncorrected.

I sell my TI keyboard as i've pre-ordered a Korg Radias. And it take long time before i give Access another credit.

Put your bet on serious companies that give you what you pay for.
Sonar 5 PE/Reason 3.0.3
Old 09.03.2006, 05:53 PM

Is the Radius multitimbral?
Old 09.03.2006, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7
Is the Radius multitimbral?
RTFA.
Old 09.03.2006, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dries
Quote: