Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 07.09.2006, 11:50 AM
Pro
Pro

Default Drunken Strut

I've finally finished my first tune with the new studio setup and new monitors.

I would really, really, really appreciate any and all feedback from you all

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=455128

"Drunken Strut"
Old 07.09.2006, 12:18 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

I kinda like it, I think!

Not really my cup'o'tea but I always have respect for people who can make a decent sounding tune out of weird patches, sounds & noises.

Will have a better listen in my studio rather than these Harman/Kardon Laptop speakers, but nice one Gopal!

Drammy
Old 08.09.2006, 11:29 PM
This forum member lives here

I dont really like the wierd intro patches...but once the bass line comes in this track really starts moving. I dont like the funny arp either. Mind you, this is all subjective stuff..

The track sounds well laid out, nicely constructed, mix sits well....

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 09.09.2006, 05:33 AM
Pro
Pro

Thanks for listening guys, I really appreciate the feedback, positive or negative. as I've said here before positive feedback doesn't help me improve so bring on the bad with the good.

I agree with you Jasedee, I don't like the start of it either anymore, but which arp don't you like? The acid wobble or the lead one?
Old 09.09.2006, 08:19 AM

Actually, I have a love/hate relationships with arps in general...dont take it personally. Most of my criticisms are to do with musical taste, as far as production goes, the track was tight

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 09.09.2006, 06:35 PM
Pro
Pro

Cheers Jasedee, I value your opinion on production. It's the first tune I've ever produced something that feels like it actually sounds 'like a bought one' if ya know what I mean. I'm looking forward to hearing it on a big rig and seeing how it all sounds.

It was also a real experimental track for me engineering wise. First tune with the Soundcraft desk and first tune on the dynaudio monitors. I also didn't use any compression whatsoever until the mastering stage which was an interesting experiment

Thanks again for your feedback
Old 09.09.2006, 07:33 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

The structure and the mixing is good I really LOVE the bass(sound and pattern).

Some elements kinda feel out of place but other than that it was enjoyable. I think that it would benefit to have a bit less elements and play with the current elements more...more filtering and more room for them to breathe!
Old 10.09.2006, 12:29 AM
Pro
Pro

Thanks for the feedback Madstation, I totally agree with you there. I'm just struggling to automate midi sometimes in Logic for filtering the synths. Still learning as I go. Very usefull feedback dude.

Any thoughts from anyone else?
Old 25.09.2006, 05:45 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Loose Grip

I vote yes. I too appreciate people who make a bit more contemporary songs. This one has idea, unique sounds and the mixings sits nice and plays guite loud too...
I?ve allways been into the weirdsounding music, the weirder it sounds the more I like (and I still have zero tolerance for crappy weird shit, the music has to be good too...) Evernyone can make weird sounds, even with their own assholes, but it takes talent to compose a working piece of music out of the noises.

Keep up the work mate. I didnt see much to criticise except some mixing and fine tuning stuff, maybe a bit more reverb on the cymbals and other small detaills, which are more a matter of taste...