Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 20.03.2006, 03:18 PM
New here
New here

Maybe one day, when it get all "TI" promised parts fully functionnals + less bugs inside, perhaps the Virus TI will be a good Synth but today it is far from perfect (Who say that we buy a beta synth ???)

I just get a Korg Radias and all promised stuffs are inside and it's much more less buggy than my TI.
Sonar 5 PE/Reason 3.0.3
Old 20.03.2006, 03:19 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
If the TI is more hassle than you can cope with at the moment, then the obvious alternative would be the Model C.
I am going that route, I am returning my ti keyboard and will purchase a virus C, or KC. I love the virus sounds, but can't deal with the bugs. I should have known better with USB......

Being a motu 828/firewire audio guy, my attitude has always been if your using USB audio, your kids and my kids won't be playing together at the play ground......

I don't want to sound like a whinny bitch either, but the price is to much for the hassle, it took me 2 years to launder, cheat and steal $$$ from my family (wife, 3 year old and cat) to save up for this, I don't need the karma payback just yet.......

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 20.03.2006, 03:19 PM

Quote:
So you can say that the 2X are "edgier" than the TI..?
Better for lead...?
Well I own a Virus Classic Desktop myself (I have only watched video's online of the TI)...But in my opinion the Nord 2x is a lot harder and clearer sounding for industrial......don't get me wrong the Virus can do a bunch of shit that I have not been able to pull off with the Nord......The Nord IMO is better suited for Industrial where as the Virus is better suited for Trance
Old 20.03.2006, 03:57 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisling
Quote:
If the TI is more hassle than you can cope with at the moment, then the obvious alternative would be the Model C.
I am going that route, I am returning my ti keyboard and will purchase a virus C, or KC. I love the virus sounds, but can't deal with the bugs. I should have known better with USB......

Being a motu 828/firewire audio guy, my attitude has always been if your using USB audio, your kids and my kids won't be playing together at the play ground......

I don't want to sound like a whinny bitch either, but the price is to much for the hassle, it took me 2 years to launder, cheat and steal $$$ from my family (wife, 3 year old and cat) to save up for this, I don't need the karma payback just yet.......
Well... we have to remember that it is the first "total integrartion" synth ever, their leading the very first steps. Thats why im not complaining. If you use it like any other hardware synth, it is working perfectly.

On top of that, its a hell of a flexible workhorse synth! 16 times multi timbral, 80 note poly, seperate effects on every part, wavetables, the list is long with things the competeng VA synths DONT have, working as perfect as THEY do.

I agree that they maybe should not release the product like this, but at the same time I understand that their the first ones to do this.
Old 20.03.2006, 03:58 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

well...shit, guys....Frankfurt is up soon.....
we all probably see something we want there, don?t you think....?

A new toy that you just got to have and you can?t really understand how you could have managed without it. :P

** Virus TI, DSI Prophet 8, Korg Triton Studio, Nord Electro 3 and some other stuff... **
Old 20.03.2006, 04:12 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by aisling
Quote:

Well... we have to remember that it is the first "total integrartion" synth ever, their leading the very first steps. Thats why im not complaining. If you use it like any other hardware synth, it is working perfectly.

On top of that, its a hell of a flexible workhorse synth! 16 times multi timbral, 80 note poly, seperate effects on every part, wavetables, the list is long with things the competeng VA synths DONT have, working as perfect as THEY do.

I agree that they maybe should not release the product like this, but at the same time I understand that their the first ones to do this.
You are right, What it comes down to is i'm tired of being on the "recieving end" of technology (I don't go that way ) I have been in that position before and it cost me artistic "inspiration and creativity"........Yeah, know I know alot about gear and such and such but I'd rather be dubm and musically productive than "highbrow" and stagnant.

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 20.03.2006, 04:28 PM
Am starting to like this forum

the nord and nord modular are great. i prefer the modular (have the old version, but...) ive never really liked the plain nord. seems too simple.

you can still do stuff with the nord modular that you cant even do with the hardware equivalent of it. although slightly uninspiring to drag and drop modules, i can play with it for about an hour and get absolutely nothing musical out of it whatsoever!

compared to a virus, the nord is somewhat thinner and prettier, but if you funk it up, it can be more electronic and certainly do more esoteric kinds of patches (modular again). together, they fit nicely. neither is my desert island synth.

-----------shane
Old 21.03.2006, 03:50 AM
New here
New here

Default I recommend you try a V-Synth

Hi H5N1-Virusinfected,

I have both a v-synth and a virus ti desktop. There is really no use in comparing them because they are so different. I love both of them. But the v-synth makes sounds I have never heard before. I find it inspiring, maybe you will too.

I recommend the v-synth keyboard over the XT though because the keyboard has many more real time controllers. Let me know what you think if you hear one.
Old 21.03.2006, 05:56 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Hey all,

thanks for all your inputs...

I will drink something that makes me calm & wait for the new OS.
All this "thinking of other products" will then go away....forever.....or ...not

...but I will certainly check the V-synth...

Later...

** Virus TI, DSI Prophet 8, Korg Triton Studio, Nord Electro 3 and some other stuff... **
Old 21.03.2006, 01:23 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default Re: I recommend you try a V-Synth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
Hi H5N1-Virusinfected,

I have both a v-synth and a virus ti desktop. There is really no use in comparing them because they are so different. I love both of them. But the v-synth makes sounds I have never heard before. I find it inspiring, maybe you will too.

I recommend the v-synth keyboard over the XT though because the keyboard has many more real time controllers. Let me know what you think if you hear one.
The V-synth is one of the Main things i wanna check at the Music Messe Frankfurt,looking forward to it
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic