Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 24.02.2007, 11:27 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Red face A little help with my setup please

Hi All,

Setup:

Pc running Cubase 4
Virus TI
Korg Micro X
Mackie ONYX 1220
Mackie HR824's
Delta 66 S/Card

Here's a few questions I would like answered please as I'm getting a bit stuck here.

1. Is it possible to use 5 outputs on my Virus TI? 2 for VC and the other 3 using the 3 outputs on the back of the TI? Would I be able to route say output 1 & 2 of the TI to say 5/6 & 7/8 on my mackie 1220?

2. The thing is I am using a Delta 66 which does not have MIDI. Here's where I am stuck. Do I need a usb MIDI interface (2x2). One for my TI and the other for my Korg. I must admit I am no good with MIDI.

3. How do I add effects to the sound if using MIDI as I understand this is only for reading data. Do I have to buy a reverb unit and use send/return config on the mixer or can I record everything as audio and do it that way. Help?

4. Do I assign MIDI channel 1 on TI to MIDI channel 1 on Cubase and so on 2 to 2 and 3 to 3?

Sorry for long post but just stuck I guess.

Paul
Old 24.02.2007, 01:51 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Househead View Post
Hi All,

Setup:

Pc running Cubase 4
Virus TI
Korg Micro X
Mackie ONYX 1220
Mackie HR824's
Delta 66 S/Card

Here's a few questions I would like answered please as I'm getting a bit stuck here.

1. Is it possible to use 5 outputs on my Virus TI? 2 for VC and the other 3 using the 3 outputs on the back of the TI? Would I be able to route say output 1 & 2 of the TI to say 5/6 & 7/8 on my mackie 1220?

2. The thing is I am using a Delta 66 which does not have MIDI. Here's where I am stuck. Do I need a usb MIDI interface (2x2). One for my TI and the other for my Korg. I must admit I am no good with MIDI.

3. How do I add effects to the sound if using MIDI as I understand this is only for reading data. Do I have to buy a reverb unit and use send/return config on the mixer or can I record everything as audio and do it that way. Help?

4. Do I assign MIDI channel 1 on TI to MIDI channel 1 on Cubase and so on 2 to 2 and 3 to 3?

Sorry for long post but just stuck I guess.

Paul
1.You use the USB from the Ti to your PC.There is only one USB connection so i can't get my head around what you mean by 2 for VC.
You should be able to route your outputs to your Mackie Mixer from your Ti but only the Virus sounds unless you are using the Ti as your soundcard then all sounds from your Sequencer will be routed
2.Your Ti runs from the USB cable as Midi..(the USB cable is all you Need for audio and Midi)
For your Korg Midi you can Buy a Midi to USB cable...
Or even better use your Ti as a Midi input device as you have midi THRU/INS/OUTS on the Back of it or even better than that as i said before use your Ti as your soundcard
The Delta 66 is Dated,my mates got one.Its shit !!
3.Midi as nothing to do with Audio,Midi sends Messages from a Keyboard or Midi controller which gives your PC commands to play notes from a Software Synth for example.
Midi is not much different to a Gamepad for a PC game,in fact i think they are some of the same commands but don't quote me on that..
4.Yes
If i was you i would read up on Midi on the internet or buy a Book..If your into Dance music then buy this book it will tell you everything about Midi and Tons more
"The dance music manual" by Rick Snoman
ISBN 0-240-51915-9
Link http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dance-Music-...209416-5441227
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic

Last edited by The girl next door : 24.02.2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 24.02.2007, 05:31 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Thanx mate for posting back so soon

1. Sorry I thought you could use the 2 stereo outs in Cubase (Virus Control) and then a further 3 stereo outputs which are on the back of the virus.

2. True. The delta is dated now and not that great I guess.

Any idea how to use my virus as my s/card?

Also can I get a midi cable and go from my korg into my Virus. If so do I use 1 lead and go from MIDI in or out? and where on the virus IN, OUT, THRU?

Thanks again and yes I am into dance music...
Old 24.02.2007, 06:04 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

I think I have figured out the s/card. I have went from output 1 on the back of the virus to my mixer, turned the volume up on the synth and sound

Still need help with MIDI please...
Old 24.02.2007, 06:30 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Househead View Post
Also can I get a midi cable and go from my korg into my Virus. If so do I use 1 lead and go from MIDI in or out? and where on the virus IN, OUT, THRU?

Thanks again and yes I am into dance music...
Midi out from korg to midi in Virus and Midi out from Virus to Midi in Korg .
Then the Audio chinch outputs from Korg to Virus Audio Inputs if your using the Ti as a soundcard..Then you have to set the settings in Cubase..Khazul (Adam) a forum member is a Dab hand with External synths and Cubase..
Reference that Book...Trust me Buy it !!!If you find it's no help i will send you the money you paid for it in the post!
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 24.02.2007, 07:54 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Thanx for being a great help TGND

By changing to the virus as my s/c it has sorted the problem out with my poco as I used to get a static sound mainly through the left speaker. I only done it on buffer larger than 128k.

Delta drivers, eh

Thanx for the tip about Adam and the book...

See ya,

Paul
Old 25.02.2007, 07:31 AM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Just to clairfy Househead - you are correct - you can use VC to bring audio in via the USB cable and also via the 3 analogue outs on the back of your TI.

A quick way of doing it: In the left "part panel" of VC select a part you wish to send to an analogue out and right click the "D" - you can then select analogue outs...
Old 25.02.2007, 11:05 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Cheers Drammy...I found it a bit hard to get across

I'm over the moon my Poco VSS3 is working correctly now...I've had the problem for ages...bloody Delta drivers

Thanks for that tip on the outs

Paul