Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 31.05.2009, 01:11 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default Thanx Access for making OS updates

If you dont like the current OS go back to one your happy with. I usually dont get upset about the posts and I understand the OS versions have had a few bugs lateley but it seems like Access is updating them every few days with fixes. When I bought my TI I never expected new distortion algorithems,freq shifters or the Atomizer. Im sure in in the process of giving us all those toys they encounter unexpected problems and I feel like access is doing a good job trying to fix those but I keep hearing nasty posts and if people keep bitching they might not want to go through the trouble of giving us new effects (Tube Distortion, Comb filter and editable arp presets would be nice). Ps try getting this much support from korg or roland.
Old 31.05.2009, 06:05 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Yes! Thank you Access Music very much. Keep up the great work!
Old 31.05.2009, 06:29 AM
Am starting to like this forum

It's a bit of a different ball game when it's a TI2 that you purchased at launch and have been having crash problems with since day 1. The TI2 can't run the older OS versions so I can't go back to 2.7.5 until OS3 is stable, and it's pretty disappointing when your $2200 synth is almost unusable. Granted, it has been getting better with each update for the most part, and I do respect access for adding new features and what not free of charge, but I'd much rather just have the thing work right first.
Old 31.05.2009, 01:56 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I too very much appreciate the updates. I get very excited to install each and every one to see what it brings to table. Please do keep it up Access.
Old 31.05.2009, 02:32 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

The TI2 wont run pre-os3? I dont have a ti2 to try this out, can someone confirm. I figured the ti2 was a faster ti mk1.
Old 31.05.2009, 03:26 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

This is what it says on the TI KB download page:

Virus TI Installer 2.7.5 for MacOS X
DO NOT INSTALL THIS VERSION ON A VIRUS TI2 PRODUCT
Old 31.05.2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
The TI2 wont run pre-os3? I dont have a ti2 to try this out, can someone confirm. I figured the ti2 was a faster ti mk1.
Nope it can't, says not to install it right on the download for the 2.7.5 firmware like the guy above me posted.

My whining is justified I promise!
Old 31.05.2009, 07:24 PM

yeah definitely much love to the Access people.
even between the recent 02 beta and 03 release, they were very quick to respond and help. my TI2 is almost 100% glitch free now, even on crazy patches.

i'm sure new stuff will popup again, but it's good to know they're always on it, ready to look into new problems.
Old 31.05.2009, 09:41 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Well, my TI2 is kinda a TotalCrashIntegration^2, sadly... as i stated in my posts here http://www.infekted.org/virus/showth...t=30550&page=2
Used as standalone hardware the new OS3.0.3 is enough solid, but in TI mode is rock crashy...

The problem about the 2.7.5 on the TI2 seems is just related in the installation that it will not accept his hardware ID.
Would be GREAT if the guys at Access would update the downloadable installer to add the hardwareID of the TI2 aswell so, meanwhile OS3 gets rock solid, we could install 2.7.5. (we are talking about a 2400eur machine and loyal customers, we deserve some extra attention)
Old 31.05.2009, 10:04 PM

I might add: may you Access guys leave all the older OS versions for downloading? so if I ever need a downgrade, I know what to do

don't get me wrong, my 3.0.3 is rock solid, but still it would be nice to know I can find older OS if I need
My personal music (classical, soundtrack, anything else): http://www.myspace.com/stefanobottarellimusic

"Everything starts with E"