Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 05.11.2008, 08:06 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Atomizer on the TI SNOW : MIDI CCs for Effects

Has anybody tried hooking up a MIDI controller to the snow in order to use the atomizer with the FX section as well?

What i would like to achieve is to assign several knobs of my midi keyboard to a selection of the snow's FX parameteres - say reverb level, wave shaper or bit reducer etc...

Where can i find the Effects MIDI implementation chart ? I.e. to which MIDI CCs do the FX parameters respond? The atomizer manual says very little about this.

Any clue? Please help!
Old 05.11.2008, 10:53 AM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

I allways find it best to assign CCs through the mod matrix -then you can get at anythng without being concerned about which param group its in, sysex etc.
Old 05.11.2008, 10:58 AM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul View Post
I allways find it best to assign CCs through the mod matrix -then you can get at anythng without being concerned about which param group its in, sysex etc.
mod matrix?? ehm, i read the manual but it talks about the EDIT/MOD menu which i don't understand what it is meant to actually do besides "routing parameters to the LFOs" ... could you please explain ? thanks!!!
Old 05.11.2008, 11:15 AM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

You dont have a snow yet / or you havnt tried using Virus control or programming patches on it yet?

The mod matrix is a control routing matrix in the TI that lets you route various modulation sources (key velocity, key note, aftertouch, filter env, amp env, LFOs, and MIDI CCs etc) to whatever parmeters you want them to control.

Also the Virus TI has many many more parameters than there are CCs so while all parameters can be accessed via midi, only a small number of them are direcly accessable via CCs. Some of them use key-pressure messages, the rest use sysex messages - in all their are 4 pages of parameters - each page can have upto 128 parameters, though none of the current pages have that many paramaters yet.

Hence why I suggest you use map CC messages 12-16 via the mod matrix to whatever internal parametrs you want to control. Each slot in the matrix has 1 input and 3 outputs, so you can control several parameter together.
Old 05.11.2008, 01:23 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul View Post
You dont have a snow yet / or you havnt tried using Virus control or programming patches on it yet?
i just got the snow yesterday - still hadn't had enough time to check it thoroughly... thanks for the tips, i'll check this mod matrix - but is the snow manual itself the best for a detailed explanation of this?
I'm sure i checked it and I couldn't really find how to put it to good use...
Anyway I'm not going to use this through the Total Integration software, but with a real midi controller.
Old 05.11.2008, 08:18 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Send a message via MSN to AjmaGard

There is a list over the midi CC's in this thread:
http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=29718

I have no idea if it is complete or even what you are looking for

The manual that came with the snow is only a quick start manual (at least that's what came with mine). The real TI manual and the Atomizer document is installed on your computer in the Virus TI folder.

I would also recomend checking out the software too even if you are not going to use it. Setting up the modulation matrix lets you do all kinds of wicked stuff by twisting a single knob since you can basically route one knob/parameter to control several other parameters.
Old 06.11.2008, 07:43 AM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjmaGard View Post
The manual that came with the snow is only a quick start manual (at least that's what came with mine). The real TI manual and the Atomizer document is installed on your computer in the Virus TI folder.

Exactly. That quickstart manual was pretty useless, honestly. Will have to check the pdf manual of course - thanks for the mod matrix hint. Hopefully it's what i need.
Old 09.11.2008, 04:39 PM
New here

Ok cool - i've managed to assign what i needed through the Mod Matrix via the Virus Control interface (vst).

NOW: how would i do the same thing i.e. assign midi cc 9 to -say - reverb send without the Virus Control? Is that even possible? The EDIT MOD screen on the Snow itself is way more minimal ...

So, I successfully saved the atomizer patch i edited in the ROM1/2 000 slot.
But I have a big problem now: how do i load it back on in the Snow when i unplug the USB connection? (I think it's a more general matter actually, that is : is there a way to load Atomizer patches when in standalone mode?)

Please help!!! Thanks