Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 23.03.2006, 11:57 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Default virus c and logic 7

Hi I bought a virus c yesterday again after selling mine about close to a year ago.
the whole plan was to save up cash for a ti but after reading about all the bugs and stuff I decided to buy back my virus c second hand for even less than what I sold it for so I gained 100 bucks or so.
I am a new mac user and would like to know about virus c and logic 7 setups.
how do i switch programs from within logic 7 ..I know I had it in logic 5
but i am not sure of 7.
Also I saw that cubase users get the advantage of using like a vst plugin to control their virus c synths....you can download at this site
http://www.cykong.com/CubaseSX/SXpanels.htm
I'de like to know if their is a logic 7 version of something like this that would be really cool!

another question I had was when my virus c is in single mode in logic 7 i play any sound and tweak the virus knobs and it works as expected but then when I switch to multi and multi single I play a sound and twist any virus knob and nothing happens....on the lcd it shows its tweaking but nothing happens. even when switching sounds it doesn't switch only when I use the logic midi library thingy
Old 23.03.2006, 09:00 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

anybody out there?
Old 23.03.2006, 09:29 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.e
anybody out there?
??????????????? sorry Logic 5.5.1 and a Ti
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 25.03.2006, 04:53 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

HI me again

anyone here using virus a,b or c with logic 7 ? if so please post I would like to see others autoload. If anyone can help me much apreciated thank you!!
Old 25.03.2006, 07:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to DJTOMMYBOY Send a message via MSN to DJTOMMYBOY

I used a C with Logic 7 till I got my TI. I never had it set up with soundiver though. I just chose patches on the actual peice.

You need to set it up as a midi instrument and you can use it in the arrange window of Logic.
Old 25.03.2006, 02:11 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

yeah I can get it working ok with midi instrument channel but what about a multi patch? the virus also has multis

EDIT:

to everyone,

I have a small question regarding logic's hyper draw automation.
I was wondering if its possible to manually change the paremeter numbers there to names... that would the be very cool then I can just work with virus sound driver and the automation would be so easy to do without looking at the midi controller charts that access gives.

If you don't understand which automation i'm talking about ...its when you open the matrix editor then go to view/hyperdraw/other then you get a list from 1-127
Old 26.03.2006, 02:44 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

HI people to I just want to share valuable information about virus c automation in logic to anyone that wants to bump it up a notch.
this guy gave me one of the best tips I ever got about using virus c in logic.
mr.e
------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote name='Vacheto' date='Mar 26 2006, 05:08 PM' post='184902']
Hi,
I see what you mean..
You should redesign the environment by yourself followng next steps:
/I'll give an example with say Filter Cutoff fader/

1/Select the Filter Cutoff fader and have a look at its Parameter box to the left as shown in the ( Pic 1 ) below.Note the red line shows the Output definition who is set to Sysex! Double click over this Sysex definition in the Parameter box so you will open the Sysex fader Event list editor.
Add a new string say CC# 12 using the green button to the left. IMPORTANT --> select both (All ) messages as shown before closing the editor ( in this way the fader will roll the last value bytes lately )!
For the rest faders you like to automate you should choose diferent CC# number 13, 14....

( Pic 1 )

2/Now when twist the fader it will output two massages in same time Sysex (who will control Virus and CC that we need to edit its automation in Hyper draw ).That's O.K but if you create a track for that fader in the Arrange and record on this track you will find that both messages will be recorded.This means if you try to edit the CC you will haveing problems since the fader will start to have a crazy behaviour - jumping since the sysex and the edit CC will be different...You can open the autom sequence with the Event list and select one sysex ->Edit/Select similar and delete the sysex messages.The sequence will play only CC with your new editings and the fader will have normal behaviour so it will generate sysexes again regardless the edited CC.(I write that just to understand the principal)
Anyway this tip is somehow not comfortable to edit the sequences every time that's why I offer realtime one below:
Create transformers for every fader and name them after the fader source name.You must create a track for every transformer in the Arrange since you can edit them easy that you liked using the original names.Finaly you can pack all the Automation tracks in a Track Folder named VIRUS AUTOMATION.
Setting the transformer as shown in the (pic 2) below will filter the track Sysex messages and pass thru only the CC# ones.When open the VIRIS AUTOM track you can edit derectly in Arrange using Hyper Draw edit mode without Matrix edit.Just zoom enough, select "All "and go to View/Hyper Draw -->Autodefine or hit F3 keycomand so you can edit the node events as shown in the pic below.

( Pic 2 )

3/Create a new transformer next to the Virus C output Instrument object.Open the transformer and set it as shown.We must filter the CC# (that we use only for our environment behaviour) and pass thru only the sysexes to your Virus.To move all incomming cables from the Instrument to the transformer, you should select the Instrument object (all cables will be selected), click & hold over the incomming ones and plug into the transformer.A prompt dialog will display so hit "Connect".The Instrumet outgoing cable will patch too so you must delete it using the eraser tool.Patch the transformer top cable to the Instrument object as shown.
Actualy this filter will privent any Virus's corresponding CC# maps who can mess!

( Pic 3 )

I give and example with CC# though you can use say P-press, Fader massages etc.., using CC# you can use external Controler some day, so you can make a CC# map table just to know your maps during the environment redesign.It's not necessary to set the Input fader definitions in this case, since "Matching Out definition events" will follow your external controller.
Do not forget to save and make backups during the redesign!
Regards

P.S Get this demo environment (Cutoff & Resonanse only) and open as song to be able to see the org.
Download
[/quote]