Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 29.11.2004, 07:33 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid
Default access virus b power supply?

hi im new here and as of today also a new owner of a second hand access virus b. i just got my virus through the mail purchased from another UK seller. im a bit excited about playing with it but something caught my eye - on the virus itself it asks for 12V DC at 500mA. the power supply that came with it is fairly huge and its got netzgerat written on it. actually, all the writing on it appears to be german. it says:

eingang: 230V ~ 50Hz 27.4W
ausgang: 12V, 1200mA, 14.4VA

i cannot speak german but i assume eingang means input and ausgang means output. the output voltage from the power supply is 12V/1200mA but the unit asks for 12V/500mA. is this therefore the right adaptor for my virus? i ask because im worried that i might fry the unit. anyone else own a virus b from the uk and has the output voltage on the adaptor to hand? thanks in advance.
Old 30.11.2004, 12:13 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

The voltage level supplied must match. The higher amperage just means the adapter can supply more current when necessary (since peripherals only draw as much as they need).

If you wanted you could have a 12V 500A supply, and it'd be fun :P
________
GM ULTRA ENGINE

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:47 AM.
Old 30.11.2004, 12:46 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

oke thanks. i powered it up and now im trying to update the OS but i find this really confusing. the manual isnt really clear on specifically how to do it. so i just played the midi file in the midi out in fruity loops from the 4.9OSUpdate from the access web page. nothing happens. virus doesnt even acknowledge that its receiving anything. midi out light on my delta 1010 is flashing so its sending something to the midi in on the virus. im using the midi port that my delta is assigned to (port 2). my internal soundcard is assigned to port 1 and i didnt bother with the default midi mapper. i searched this forum for OS updating but the one thread it did return that was relevant wasnt answered. well...it was but the guy still couldnt update. any help would be much appreciated!

(this is my first hardware synth and i admit to being a bit baffled with midi and so forth. vanguard was so convenient now that i think about it)
Old 30.11.2004, 02:07 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Play the MIDI using windows media player (with the appropriate MIDI output device setup in the control panel).
________
Starcraft Replay Downloads

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 30.11.2004, 03:03 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

cool. that worked. i guess it just doesnt like MIDI from fl studio. you've been really helpful. thanks! im gonna twiddle now and see if i can get my virus to play in time (it sounds like a drunked on the piano at the moment. heheheh)