Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 07.12.2008, 09:53 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default using other vsti's on a virus track?

this maybe a basic quesion but how do add another vst to a midi track the virus is using?

i use ableton6 and you cant add another vst like a delay, compressor etc to a miditrack the virus is on like you would do for a normal vsti synth.
thanks.
Old 08.12.2008, 04:43 AM
Complete Newbie

In Virus Control go to the config page and change the output from USB1 to USB2 or 3.

Then create another audio track in Ableton. For the input of this new track select Virus then in the 'secondary' drop down box for the input select Virus2/3 depending on the USB channel you set above.

So basically all you've done is move the output of the virus for that part from the main Virus channel to another one for separate processing.

Also you can use the analogue outs routed back into your sound card and setup new audio tracks in Ableton to receive these. However this introduces some latency which can be fixed manually using pre-delay settings in Live.
Old 08.12.2008, 12:43 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
In Virus Control go to the config page and change the output from USB1 to USB2 or 3.

Then create another audio track in Ableton. For the input of this new track select Virus then in the 'secondary' drop down box for the input select Virus2/3 depending on the USB channel you set above.

So basically all you've done is move the output of the virus for that part from the main Virus channel to another one for separate processing.

Also you can use the analogue outs routed back into your sound card and setup new audio tracks in Ableton to receive these. However this introduces some latency which can be fixed manually using pre-delay settings in Live.

ahhh, got it, and i can see you can mix how much goes to the audio effects track by fading the amount that goes out the main and secondary output.

its just a shame you cant apply separate vst effects for every virus track, like being able to have separate compression on every track. as it is you only have 2 effect tracks so you can only apply separate effects to two of the virus parts.

i guess there must be a reason why access made it that way but in the future that would be a great improverment to have 16 separate outputs for each part so they could be routed to 16 different effects tracks.
Old 11.12.2008, 09:07 AM
New here
New here

That's a nice trick! I'll sure try it out, when I get back from work later today!