Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 31.03.2006, 11:10 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.e
HI ,

DId you get to hear tiesto or infected mushroom there live by any chance?
if yes please let me know how it was.
Hey, if I did, I don't remember . Honestly I know I didn't see Tiesto as they would've made a big deal about his set coming on. I might have heard Infected Mushroom but cannot say for sure as when you walk around mid-set you don't really know who's playing unless you are familiar with their work. I can't say I've ever knowingly listened to Infected Mushroom. If they are good I'll give them an ear some time soon, thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
The girl next door wrote:
Were going to the Musik Messe Frankfurt this weekend to check the Lastest gear Will be looking at the V-synth and the Radias in Detail
Ich war geboren in Frankfurt a.M! Ich bin einer Hessian!

That's cool you're checking out Musik Messe, please share the details when you return!

Quote:
HC wrote:
Ahh, it's a pitty pics weren't allowed Alex. Oh well....
Well, maybe not so much. I didn't look myself at all by the end of the festival. I was fuuuuucked up!
Old 31.03.2006, 11:27 PM

This is true...The last big festival I went to I looked very strung out by the end. I wouldn't have wanted myself on camera then that's for sure.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 01.04.2006, 12:30 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHall74
I might have heard Infected Mushroom but cannot say for sure as when you walk around mid-set you don't really know who's playing unless you are familiar with their work. I can't say I've ever knowingly listened to Infected Mushroom. If they are good I'll give them an ear some time soon, thanks for the heads up.
They were good, not so much anymore...

Here is a review of them live from psyreviews.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion@psyreviews.com
Special Sonica mention must go to Infected Mushroom, who laid down a live set that was without doubt the worst fucking din I have ever heard in my life. The singing was off key and sounded like spastic karaoke, the lyrics don't mean anything, the guitar was pure Spinal Tap and seeing everyone go mental to it made me feel like a man with two dicks at a fat lesbian convention. I have sat through support bands at University indie gigs better than this (does anyone else remember Sharkboy? Thought not.) If Infected represent the current state of popular trance, then what I'm into isn't trance. They represent the very very lowest common denominator -- in fact to call them this is an insult to low common denominators.

I would sooner listen to R Kelly's I Believe I Can Fly while having my toenails pulled out by a naked Oprah Winfrey and her slightly fatter sister.

I would sooner have my teeth set fire to by people dressed as Disney characters.

I would sooner contract every type of cancer all at once, while watching Police Academy 7 in three different languages simultaneously.
Old 01.04.2006, 05:09 AM

Did ya have a chance to see any of the Florida breaks DJ's??

Lucky BASTARD!!
Old 01.04.2006, 12:29 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHall74
I might have heard Infected Mushroom but cannot say for sure as when you walk around mid-set you don't really know who's playing unless you are familiar with their work. I can't say I've ever knowingly listened to Infected Mushroom. If they are good I'll give them an ear some time soon, thanks for the heads up.
They were good, not so much anymore...

Here is a review of them live from psyreviews.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by damion@psyreviews.com
Special Sonica mention must go to Infected Mushroom, who laid down a live set that was without doubt the worst fucking din I have ever heard in my life. The singing was off key and sounded like spastic karaoke, the lyrics don't mean anything, the guitar was pure Spinal Tap and seeing everyone go mental to it made me feel like a man with two dicks at a fat lesbian convention. I have sat through support bands at University indie gigs better than this (does anyone else remember Sharkboy? Thought not.) If Infected represent the current state of popular trance, then what I'm into isn't trance. They represent the very very lowest common denominator -- in fact to call them this is an insult to low common denominators.

I would sooner listen to R Kelly's I Believe I Can Fly while having my toenails pulled out by a naked Oprah Winfrey and her slightly fatter sister.

I would sooner have my teeth set fire to by people dressed as Disney characters.

I would sooner contract every type of cancer all at once, while watching Police Academy 7 in three different languages simultaneously.
Yeah I know what you mean. I really love their first few albums but then they kinda lost direction and started getting off track of psytrance.
Now its not trance anymore really..only a few tracks.
Old 01.04.2006, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
Did ya have a chance to see any of the Florida breaks DJ's??

Lucky BASTARD!!
Bro, the Florida Breaks DJs rocked the hardest...OF COURSE!

My friend Jack and I were literally shocked at how how hard the local guys were kicking their sets.

They were dropping the dope tracks I wrote of at the top of this thread.

After like 3 sets from them the stage turned live with Hot Hot Heat and then another DJ set, followed by The Killers.

That was the best part of the show for me, hanging out in front of the stage with the bad boy DJs from the Sunshine State.

Old 01.04.2006, 07:06 PM

Lucky Bastard! THe kKillers have got to be one of my favorite bands at the moment. their last cd I coul let play over and over!
Old 02.04.2006, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
Lucky Bastard! THe kKillers have got to be one of my favorite bands at the moment. their last cd I coul let play over and over!
Yep, I'm gonna' buy that album later today.

As if the festival itself wasn't expensive enough, trying to buy up the sounds of it after the fact is killing me! 8O