Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 23.11.2012, 03:43 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Seven Lions Bass.

so Guys Who Knows How to Get a Sound Like this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HVjldqWx4w
Skip to 2:00

taken from the Seven Lions Remix Pack. (for example).
http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/34879509/file.html

I Know its Layerd With a Supersaw Thing and Different Chords.
But im Looking for how to create this Bass Thing.
and i know its Glitched and cutted , mixed up.
Just This kind of attack/sidechained Raised Bass sound.
Old 26.11.2012, 05:45 PM
Pro
Pro

There are lots of dubstep and wobble type of bass tutorials all over Yutube...Many are for NI Massive...BUt YOu could figure out how its done on the virus too after You have understood how to get that sound...ANd Yes..It is sidechained too...
Old 26.11.2012, 07:00 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, Massive is used a lot for that kind of sound, because it's got some great wave tables which provide some good vocal like sources to work with, like modern talking for example. It's a good idea to modulate the WT position of it, as it allows for some changes in timbre. Then the basic wooble is usually achieved with an LFO modulating the filter cuttof of a LP filter. But Massive allows you to modulate with steps and use some modulation curves, also in steps that sort of gives it the edge. The steps mod thing can be done with the virus ti, using arp as a source for mod, I guess, and the other thing can be done with automation and some patience. You can also go further with this, using frequency shifting, modulating the pitch of it, or distortion amnt, modulation of eq mid-range frequency (with some gain, of course). Or even Using some band pass filters linked together outside the synth and automating them, before adding some distortion to it. Which should come as the last step on your chain if your going for fx plug-ins. It just sounds better. So this are like the basics, the rest of it comes with some experimentation. I'm not really into that sort of thing, even though I got inspired by the vocal sounds and sort of added some into my own stuff eheh. cheers