Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 13.05.2007, 02:01 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Optimal TI Configuration when playing live

Hi all,

Just voicing a thought, re playing live and the best way to set up the Virus.

For sequencing duties I use a Yamaha RS7000, and push six channels of midi into the Virus.

I read (I think) somewhere that the Virus allocates voices dynamically in parts across the DSP according to grouped pairs: 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 etc

At the moment, I'm using parts one to six.

Daft question time:

Would there be any benefit in using parts one, three, five, seven, nine & eleven? (ie: Only using one part of a matched pair, or is it just a daft question?)

Secondly, the allocation of outputs.

Seeing as I'm accessing six parts at once, the plan is to output as such to the desk:

Part 1 - Output 1 L
Part 2 - Output 1 R

Part 3 - Output 2 L
Part 4 - Output 2 R

Part 5 - Output 3 L
Part 6 - Output 3 R

Just wanted to get some opinions and thoughts... What do you guys think?
Old 13.05.2007, 03:23 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

the dps is split odd parts to dsp1 and even to dsp2 so best sticking to your 1-6. however that said you need to try and spread out the intensity of each patch, use the battery indicator to do this, ie dont have all patches with full bars on all odd parts etc.

As for outputing parts over 6 mono channels, no probs

hope this helps,

I'd also advise you don't use the "chord" option on arps as there seems to be a problem with stuck notes see rom 100

cheers
Kris

Last edited by bishopkris40 : 14.05.2007 at 06:44 PM.
Old 13.05.2007, 03:56 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

On making most of available poly - as above for the DSP split.

What I do I look at the patch complexity meters and eventually move my parts to try and balance the load between the two DSPs. This can help when you are hitting marginal poly.

Also another side effect of this split is on *very* complex high unison patches where you might expect to be able to play a 4 note+ chord in theory from the specs access published - youmill find actual poly available to a single mode patch is about half what you might expect.

Think unison x 8 patches with just about everything switch on... you can sometimes just end up with a very fat mono synth and thats your lot
Old 18.05.2007, 02:28 AM
Complete Newbie

Going to sound like a daft question... but is it possible to assign the output of a patch whilst in "Multi/Single" mode?

If I go "Edit", and select an output, it sets it for all the singles currently being used, when I want it is described in my first post.

Or are you obliged to use pure "Multi" mode to achieve this?
Old 22.05.2007, 04:17 AM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty O'Hara View Post
Going to sound like a daft question... but is it possible to assign the output of a patch whilst in "Multi/Single" mode?

If I go "Edit", and select an output, it sets it for all the singles currently being used, when I want it is described in my first post.

Or are you obliged to use pure "Multi" mode to achieve this?
It was a daft question, but I couldn't find an answer.

Just in case anyone else has this problem:

Enter "Multi/Single" (ie: Sequencer) mode by pressing [Multi] + [Single] at the same time.

Select [Part 1] and press [Shift] + [Edit] at the same time; you should now be in [Edit Multi] mode now.

You can now assign the outputs as required.

Repeat for the other parts as required.