Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 03.02.2007, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

I am sorry to hear that mate!

I've never been scammed (yet!) on gear or money but it has come close a couple of times;

I sold an Novation Basstation Key and sent it out before I got the money (I've always sent the gear before I got the money.. It's kinda the regular agreement here in Sweden if not stated otherwise). Anyways, I sent it out on Monday and he got the package Tuesday and when I called him he didn't answer and I had an email saying that he would pay me on Friday.

Friday came and still no money.. As I sold it 'cause I needed the Money, I wasn't verry happy so I tried to call him but with no luck. So did I do for the next following weeks, no replies from email/calls or any money.

I was so furious that I had plans of acctually going to him and smash his bloody door in with an sledgehammer. Hoho, I would acctually go defy my anxienty-problems to do that since it would mean that I would have to travel like 700 km to get to him.

Anyways, since it was too little money for the police to acctually get them intrested (anything under 10.000:- SEK is just a "waist of time for us"-police).
So I called him up one late night; "Alright, bastard.. As it seems like you've broken our deal of.. I am going to your place and I will replace the Novation Basstation withever other gear you got and I'll have my money.. and when I am done with you.."

Suprise, Suprise! The next very day (without hearing anything from him in ages) my money suddenly was in my bankaccount. It was probably an scamartist in training that just would crush under the pressure of me olde threats!

It wasn't even that much, 1500:- SEK or something like that.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 03.02.2007, 11:30 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

Fucking scammers.

Sometimes its better to buy it localy and drive 150-200km to the buyer then think you got a good deal on the web but end up geting ripped off or get damaged goods.

Last edited by Tomer=Trance : 03.02.2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03.02.2007, 01:01 PM
New here
New here

a couple of years ago I purchased a laptop on ebay at 1300$ and never saw it. I was dumb enough to send a money transfer western union to the sell and never heard back from him after that. In short the man of the actual account was hacked somone was posting auctions and raking in large sums of money via western union. That was the first online auction I had ever used.. so eh ive done my share of live and learn i suppose. I think the only legit online auctions use paypal as the pay source.

speaking of ebay I just picked up and indigo for 625$
Old 03.02.2007, 04:08 PM

Ebay is a more and more a place for thiefs and criminals.
Old 03.02.2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azartrus View Post
speaking of ebay I just picked up and indigo for 625$
nice!!

There is definitely still some very good deals to be had on ebay.
But like everyone is saying, they are starting to become far and few between.

Last edited by Doc Jones : 03.02.2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03.02.2007, 05:27 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Nice one 303

---
I've done alright up to now from Ebay, having bought most of my kit via the place, all fair enough deals and without any problems.

Last edited by nvisibl : 03.02.2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03.02.2007, 10:47 PM
New here
New here

yep the indigo is my first virus synth and i absolutely love it. Even though its a B virus its still highly useful in my setup.
Old 04.02.2007, 05:50 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
I was so furious that I had plans of acctually going to him and smash his bloody door in with an sledgehammer. Hoho, I would acctually go defy my anxienty-problems to do that since it would mean that I would have to travel like 700 km to get to him.
Quote:
Alright, bastard.. As it seems like you've broken our deal of.. I am going to your place and I will replace the Novation Basstation withever other gear you got and I'll have my money.. and when I am done with you.."
That's what some of these bastards need,a good 'ol kick to the face.
It's a shame in westernized nations we can be held in the pokey for giving a well deserved bitch-slap!
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein
Old 06.02.2007, 02:17 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The girl next door View Post
I feel 4 you..I have a policy i don't buy from Foreign countries and if anything here in Germany is more than 4-500 euros i will go and pick it up,stay the night in a hotel if it's far away and go out on the town..Hamburg (Great sex shows) was good when i got my Genelecs a couple of years ago..
Likewise, a quick email of, "yeah, I'll fly over to Paris/Berlin/Rome/wherever, you bring it to my hotel, I'll give you cash plus cover your expenses" usually sorts things out.
Old 06.02.2007, 04:22 AM

Really sorry to hear about that! Those damn V-Synths are the route of sooo much gear lust and I understand how your excitement got the better of you.

Fucking rip off merchants!!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut