Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 02.07.2006, 11:51 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I'm intrigued by Native Instruments Kore but can't make my mind up whether to buy one.

I am going to buy the new Korg Pad Kontrol, which will be useful for me.

I would also like a Focusrite Liquid Mix when they come out for the PC.

Dave.
Old 02.07.2006, 11:57 AM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

My real on going problem that has plagued me for ages is that when I am using fx as part of a sound (for eg reverb+squash) - I want it in hardware for zero latency, convenice of tweaking, and just there with needing a computer when jamming. For post production I want it in software, though I can integrate hardware into post production without alot of hassle.

The end result is I can never make my mind up whether to go hardware or software for certain kind of fx (it took me months to give in an decide to get a UAD-1, but I find still want an MPX-1 or similar) - I would like to find a good digital controlled (via midi) brutal analog compressor - I dont think there is such a thing at an affordable price.
Old 02.07.2006, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Nothing new, but recently stumbled upon an old, now-discontinued plugin called Sonic Destructor from TCElectronics [previously TCWorks] - from back when they still made native plugins - which works particularly well on drum parts. It has functions for band-pass filtering, 'bitter' (bit-reduction + aliasing, which I particularly like for 'tuning' on the drum channels/buss), clipping, crackle (vinyl), 'fuzzer' (distortion), noise, rumble, and 'squeezer' (compression). Great for lo-fi mayhem. Also makes a lot of stuff 'sit' better within a mix (mainly drums, i've found, if you've got too-clean/dry samples to start with).

(... looks kinda like that old retro 80's game called "Simon", where you had to memorise notes/lights in sequence and press the buttons in the correct order. ) Incidently you can play it here: http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/games.shtml#null)

Gotta watch your ears (and monitors!) when you use the Sonic D presets, though, lol! I normally use my own.
Old 02.07.2006, 01:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

That thing looks more like it should be dispensing beer and cocktails
Old 02.07.2006, 01:27 PM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via AIM to logo80 Send a message via MSN to logo80

OT... sorry... Timo you made my day... I've found Frogger on the site you mentioned... THANX MATE!!!!
regards, Lorenzo
Old 02.07.2006, 02:40 PM

I got that one!!! I bought SparkXL (TC Works 2 trak editor) and got that plug as a free download I think.

Cant say that I've ever found a use for it, maybe I should give it a go on some drums

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 02.07.2006, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
so when I buy one are you going to share some of those patches HC?

cheers

Blay
I'll probably be sharing a few, but I can't say the whole lot will be up for offer. I've made some nice vintage patches (thanks to Jase's Juno, plus an expensive sample colection) - these I may share I reckon.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 04.07.2006, 06:00 AM

It will prob take me another six months to save for it after I come back from overseas, so you will have plenty of time to add to those banks HC

But seriously - thanks for your generous offer

cheers

Blay
Old 04.07.2006, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
It will prob take me another six months to save for it after I come back from overseas, so you will have plenty of time to add to those banks HC
Where are u off to mate?

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 04.07.2006, 04:04 PM

I fly to Portugal at the start of next month - Im travelling around Europe/Eastern block with a few mates that are playing at a few festivals like BOOM in Portugal and VOOV in germany. Few other random gigs in Israel, Croatia, Italy, Egypt - but I will have to pick and choose cause I cant physically (nor mentally) make it to all of them

After my mates head back to AUS im going to visit friends in Finland that I havent seen since I spent a year there in 1994, then to London to spend some time with my sister and her hubby (they own a restaurant over there that just received an award for the best service in all of UK).

My plan is to check things out and decide where I want to move to next european summer (if I even come home this time - Ive only paid one way). But I really only expect to be there for six-eight weeks...

To everyone else planning to remain in Melbourne for the entirity of the winter - GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Taking my laptop with me so I will be checking in with tales of excessive Jagermeister consumption and long-legged european women

cheers

Blay