Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 25.04.2004, 12:46 AM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank
i can kinda understand where he is coming from with him not wanting ppl to hear his music who r not in the business of reviewing...
Really? I'd rather let people who just want to hear music, listen and leave a comment or two. If the comments are bad eg:"That's Shit!", then I just ignore them. I never think in depth about what people say about my tunes too much - unless I have listened to their music and respect their production.

Quote:
when some1 doesnt tell u why they dont like it, it makes u run up and down through your music wondering...even if they were an ass...its all subconscious really...i personally dont want to deal with that...so most of the time i dont want criticism from some1 i dont know/trust...so i either show ppl my music if i either trust what they will say or ill never see them again...
I don't listen to opinions regarding my actual music. Music is art and I stopped making music to fit what people like a long time ago. I rather make music that is interesting and different to everything else I'm listening to. The only opinions I take are the ones based mainly on production.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 25.04.2004, 07:40 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to Machinegunjoe

I think Blank hit the head of the nail. I already have ppl i play my stuff for that i know are really good and have "correct" comments on whats bad and not. Thats why i feel i dont need to play my music for everyone. Besides I'm the biggest critic myself I've done it for so long so i'm pretty sure when its good or not. As a friend of mine always say "You hear what you hear" it don't matter if it's the worlds "best" band...if it sux it sux.

I really dont mind anyone* on this forum as long as we try to help each other...its kinda the point. And ppl here are really helpful most of the times.

Anyway back to the subject.

I think there is lots of usable sounds in GM. Piano, strings bells ect. The biggest prob is where you get the GM sounds from. My Jv2080 has really good GM sounds while lots of other synths the GM bank really sucks. I use GM sounds in my productions from time to time.

exept Juho when he's having one of those days
Old 25.04.2004, 12:03 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Hollow i have always battled with this point myself...about making music for myself...but i dont know about u but i tend not to listen to my music...i like listening to others music...and when it comes to mine i make it for ppl to enjoy it...so u have to please some1 and i know u cant please every1 but u have to please some if u want to make music for ppl to enjoy...and if u r making a career out of it...u have to please more ppl then just a handful...therefore u have to make music that ppl like...and with that u have to take what ppl say about your music atleast somewhat serious...and once u have that in your head it doesnt matter what some1 says it still sinks in somewhat...thats why ppl always say u have to say 10 compliments for 1 criticism in anything...Of course i always make music for myself, but also for the ppl listening...because i try to make the most beautiful music in comparison to what i have heard through the media...which inturn is what pleases the ppl listening...it makes no sense to make beautiful music and better music for my own ears...thats like if a tree falls in the woods does it make a sound or which can first the chicken or the egg quotes...it seems rediculous...even for mozart and beethoven...it was a job...a job they loved but still a means of income...and thats why i want to make music...because i have a talent that im good at and ppl will pay me for it...on top of me enjoying every minute of it...same as any other career choice... now i am just stating what it means to me...but if its just a hobby to u then do it to relieve stress or fill time or whatever it is to u...

All i know is for as long as i have lived which is longer then some but shorter then others, i have realized that everything we do to an extent is to please others and gain acceptance....and b4 getting all defensive this means any1 reading this...go through a day and watch your actions...so whats so different about music...

now here comes the bombardment of "your wrong" comments...but ill tell u now this is what i have learned...if u dont believe it fine...state u dont believe me...but only that...please!!

peace
Blank
Old 25.04.2004, 01:16 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Fuck me your all nutters!!!!!
Old 25.04.2004, 01:51 PM
Veteran
Veteran

sounds interesting but no im not into that!!!

peace
Blank
Old 26.04.2004, 03:59 AM

Fair enough you think that way Blank. I wont critisize you for why you are making music.

I'm completely the oposite when it comes to music though. You mentioned "day and watch your actions...so whats so different about music..." - this is exactly why I make music for myself. I get sick and tired of changing myself to work with-in society (for a long time I didn't change myself and I got no-where). I make the music that I want to make only to please myself. Music is the only medium I have in which anything goes - working within a formular is horrible.

Having said that though; if by chance something I have made is liked by other people that's great, but it's noit the most important thing to me.

Anyway.....back to midi sounds....umm..... hehe
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 26.04.2004, 08:54 AM
Amateur
Amateur

I like your outlook Hollowcell!!