Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 13.10.2005, 07:55 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Ok Ive got a new bug

It seems the matrix does not always work.

Im trying to modulate OSC 1 by just about anything in the 3rd matrix slot. Nothing happens. Im even doing really obvious parameters like pitch.

Ive noticed this in a lot of matrix programming over the last few days. Im using SX 3.10 on a mac. These parameters can be modulated via the permanent LFO destinations.

I must say Ive never enjoyed programming a synth as much as this. The On screen refferrence and the real hardware rocks! (apart from the bugs)

ps. I have a Virus C so Im pretty confident in how the Virus works For a while I thought this bug was my stupidity

Any ideas?
Old 13.10.2005, 06:00 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Hello,
I also seem to have a big problem:

I use the TI (newest OS) with Cubase SX 3.1.
I created two Midi-Parts with the TI - one with USB connection and another
one over my mixer (Onyx 1602 with Firewire).
I also created an automaion for the Mixer-Part with Volume-Controller.
And as soon as I hit the "read"-button on this Midi-Part all the
VirusControl for this part seem to be set to 0!
So there?s no Sound from this Part.
When I hit the "read"-button a few times more the USB-Part is also gone and
there?s no sound at all from the TI.
Doesn?t matter if I play on my own or use the recorded midi-parts.
When the "read"-Button is turned off everything is fine (except i don?t have
automation!)

This all happened after I created a new Audio-Part to automate the
Mixer-input with the Cubase-internal FX.

I hope I explained it well enough.

Is there anything I could have done wrong?
Maybe there?s a reset function i could accidently have hit or anything like
that?

Or is it a problem with VirusControl?

Thanks for help

MarcTale
Old 17.10.2005, 12:27 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Hi All,

It may be just me but I think Virus Control is riddled with bugs, flaws, etc. We have already discussed the Arp bug/s, which as TEN mentioned is a bit of a workflow killer.

I have noticed that I can not change values using the little red up and down arrows on the common, filter, osc, pages. Anybody else have this problem?

Also last night I did a little seq over 4 bars(not using an Arp) but a lead. Drunken sailor effect (speeds up then drags). Closed down seq and restarted and all OK?

Iam using Cubase SX 3.1 with XP (Service Pack 2) and latest drivers from Access.

I'm afraid I may have to go onto gaming for a while until fixes are in place as this is p***ing me off a bit.

Old 17.10.2005, 02:01 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Househead
Also last night I did a little seq over 4 bars(not using an Arp) but a lead. Drunken sailor effect (speeds up then drags)
Could this be some kinda USB bottleneck effect? Kinda like....it works ok for the first 2 mins then becomes unstable? I have this with computer games on my laptop...first 5 mins is ok....and then my CPU chokes and it becomes insanely slow....and then my internet connection becomes unstable. Talk about an irritence when your trying to kill people online

I dont know what the problem is and its all mere speculation. All that I do know is that owners of the M-audio Quatrro UBS soundcard slate it for its timming issues....and that too is a USB 1.1 device....

I should imagine these little bugs and things WILL get sorted. In the meantime cant people just use the TI like Virus B + C users do....i.e. standalone. Having said that....these 'problems' are more likely to be identified and sorted quicker if people just grit their teeth and try and use the TI features. I feel for you all.....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 17.10.2005, 03:07 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I for one dislike being a test subject. Those of us who want to keep working may aswell plug the virus b, c back in and be productive.
I had fun playing with the presets, I was even chuffed when my multi arrangment loaded (from a virus b sysex dump in Cubase), but try and 'integrate' and crunch. It falls over. Sure some sounds come out, but even patch changing in sequencer mode makes the BPM led go out and then skip back in.

So the work around I'm devising is an un totally integrated one. Have fun in single mode with the patch browser and arp maker OUTSIDE of your project. Then do your project with old midi cables and analog outs. NO virus control. It's kind of like two worlds. Not even sort of integrated.
Old 17.10.2005, 03:09 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Sucks to hear you guys have some problem...
I just don't understand tho since I can work really well with the TI, using the USB out and I think they've done a fantastic job.
Old 17.10.2005, 04:16 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
I should imagine these little bugs and things WILL get sorted. In the meantime cant people just use the TI like Virus B + C users do....i.e. standalone. Having said that....these 'problems' are more likely to be identified and sorted quicker if people just grit their teeth and try and use the TI features. I feel for you all.....

DS
I totally agree there DS (It's going to take time to iron a few bugs/flaws/Etc..) with Virus Control as expected.

I can work with it but it takes a bit longer. I also hate only 2 stereo outs through USB but have to live with it I Suppose.

HH
Old 17.10.2005, 04:30 PM
Very mucho Newbie

I definitely have had better luck working with the Virus with VirusControl off. Even using USB for midi/audio seems to work fairly well with VirusControl off, at least it sounds like things stay in sync. The big drawback is that I can't send the virus output down USB, but need to use the hardware outs instead, I guess USB for output can only be used when Vcontrol is on.

One interesting thing with VirusControl on, I never see any on/off/controller midi messages being sent to the virus when playing back midi parts. All I see is the midi clock sync messages coming from my host . VControl must be using its own protocol to send note/controller information to the hardware virus. I wonder why they didn't just use the midi path that is there already...
Old 18.10.2005, 09:09 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Anybody else get the note hang bug using SX3?

When I stop SX3, sometimes a chord or note will play on...and on...ann on

HH
Old 18.10.2005, 09:13 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Househead: Yes it happens from times to time. I just use the "panic" buttons and it usually solves the issue.