Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.10.2005, 06:19 PM
Veteran
Veteran

The synth goes to the virus control software like a vsti softsynth, the midi is the old style hardware mode external keyb controller.

ten
Old 06.10.2005, 06:27 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomonster
sorry for asking such a stupid question, but as i use LOGIC 5.5.1 dealy compensation for plug-ins doesnt exist yet.
Er..yes it does!

Audio>Audio Preferences - there is a little box which should be checked, which says "Plug-in delay compensation (Audio tracks + instruments).
Old 06.10.2005, 11:43 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

so whats the Virus USB AISO driver for? It shows sound levels when active, but is not routing correctly.
Old 06.10.2005, 11:46 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3
so whats the Virus USB AISO driver for? It shows sound levels when active, but is not routing correctly.
I'm not sure I understand you, here?

Do you have the audio outputs of the TI connected to your monitoring setup?
Old 07.10.2005, 12:22 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

the card im using (Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Notebook) gives me 3 asio drivers to work in: creative ASIO, SB Audigy 2 ASIO and SB Audigy 2 ASIO 24/96. for me to use the VC I have to select one of the above. when I select the Virus USB AISO driver (included in the installer) It shows sound levels when active, but is not routing correctly. no analog outputs are going to my mixer just spdif. Is the Virus USB AISO just midi? I was assuming that ASIO (Audio Stream Input/Output) driver would be audio (unless thats the delivery method of the midi). This just to clarify.
Old 07.10.2005, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
OK slap me if this is a dumb question as I havnt fiddled with either yet.

But what is the difference between the Virus TI Midi and Virus TI Synth ports that are listed as midi ports in windows?
If you connect the Virus to your computer via USB the system shows 2 midi i/o ports.

When you run an application that opens these ports, the ports have the following meaning:

Virus TI MIDI: This port refers to the external jackets, so it is a MIDI interface for other synths and MIDI devices. Connecting a midi cable to the Virus' MIDI IN will show up in the "Virus TI MIDI In" in the computer.

Virus TI Synth: This port refers to the Virus itself, so MIDI is going to the Soundegine. Turning the knobs will send controllers and sysex so this data shows up in the "Virus TI Synth IN" in the computer.

If you start the Virus Control, the following happens:

Virus TI MIDI: stays the same, it refers to the external jackets as your MIDI interface.

Virus TI Synth: this port is disabled now, the Virus will not take MIDI from that port. The computer will receive MIDI data from the Virus from the "Remote" functionality.

In the sequencer you will have the additional MIDI port "Virus TI", which is the Virus Control Plugin port, that will receive MIDI and transports it to the Virus through the Virus Control.

If USB is not connected or the MIDI ports are not opened by an application, the external MIDI jackets are functioning as classic MIDI ports for the Virus itself.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

tk
Old 07.10.2005, 09:19 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3
the card im using (Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Notebook) gives me 3 asio drivers to work in: creative ASIO, SB Audigy 2 ASIO and SB Audigy 2 ASIO 24/96. for me to use the VC I have to select one of the above. when I select the Virus USB AISO driver (included in the installer) It shows sound levels when active, but is not routing correctly. no analog outputs are going to my mixer just spdif. Is the Virus USB AISO just midi? I was assuming that ASIO (Audio Stream Input/Output) driver would be audio (unless thats the delivery method of the midi). This just to clarify.
I think it must be that the audio is not sent to the s/pdif out if usb audio is being used. (I don't use a s/pdif interface, so I can't test here).

You would hear some audio if you used the analog outs whilst using the Virus ASIO.
Old 07.10.2005, 07:34 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default My opinion

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to share my opinion about the hypersaw, because I?m a little disappointed.
I think it?s a little thin in comparison to the JP.
The normal saw is typical good-old Access-Saw but the Hypersaw-Saws seem to be a little thinner.
I tried to program the typical Rank-1 Ariwave-Pad and i was surprised it doesn?t sound as good as the JP?s does.
Ok, I just tested it for about two hours at a dealer (i?m still waiting for my TI-desktop) and should compare it at home but still I think so.

Anyone who can confirm that?

The rest is great!

Regards

MarcTale
Old 07.10.2005, 08:02 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I love the hypersaw, very jp like to me...

hyper on both oscs, 9 saws each, analog distortion and some chorus, spread the unison out a bit and open the filter......bloody lovely.

Its not exactly the same, but its not going to be....its a virus

ten
Old 07.10.2005, 08:41 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Default Re: My opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcTale
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to share my opinion about the hypersaw, because I?m a little disappointed.
I think it?s a little thin in comparison to the JP.

MarcTale
well its not a jp. I have both and I wouldnt really want my TI to sound just like a jp. on comparison they both sound fat and have a distinct sound. the hypersaw sounds great to me. the best emulation is the original hardware itself. its like the tb-303. you can get close to emulating it but you just cant get the sound of the resonant lowpass 18db/oct filter the original has to offer.