Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.09.2005, 09:51 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Re: 3 Stereo Streams via USB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcTale
Hello,
I read in an Interview in a German Magazine, that the TI will have 3 Stereo Streams via USB in the future while reducing the bitrate.
An while it lasted so long to release the TI I wonder if the OS implemented in the TI is able to do this yet?
Or will it (still) be implemented in a future OS?
The current software implementation uses 2 stereo in streams for the Virus Control, and 1in/1out stereo for the ASIO/CoreAudio driver.

tk

p.s.: which magazine?
Keys Magazine January 2005
Interview with Marc Schlaille

Translated from German by me for the "Expected Shipping Date"-Thread Page 6

Keys: Which USB uses the TI?
M.S.: We use USB 1.1 with 12 Mbit speed, with full USB 2-Compability.
We have 4 Audiostreams at the moment, plus the possibility one Stereo- In and Out to use as an Audio-Interface.
In a later OS it will be possible to adjust the bandwith more flexible. So there might be 4 Stereo-Audiostreams from the Virus into the Computer-system, if you?re not using the Audio-Interface.

MarcTale
Old 27.09.2005, 07:03 AM

Default Re: 3 Stereo Streams via USB?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk
Quote:
Hello,
I read in an Interview in a German Magazine, that the TI will have 3 Stereo Streams via USB in the future while reducing the bitrate.
An while it lasted so long to release the TI I wonder if the OS implemented in the TI is able to do this yet?
Or will it (still) be implemented in a future OS?
The current software implementation uses 2 stereo in streams for the Virus Control, and 1in/1out stereo for the ASIO/CoreAudio driver.
p.s.: which magazine?
Keys Magazine January 2005
Interview with Marc Schlaille

Translated from German by me for the "Expected Shipping Date"-Thread Page 6

Keys: Which USB uses the TI?
M.S.: We use USB 1.1 with 12 Mbit speed, with full USB 2-Compability.
We have 4 Audiostreams at the moment, plus the possibility one Stereo- In and Out to use as an Audio-Interface.
In a later OS it will be possible to adjust the bandwith more flexible. So there might be 4 Stereo-Audiostreams from the Virus into the Computer-system, if you?re not using the Audio-Interface.
okay, must have overlooked that. The current implementation is 2 stereo channels in from the Virus and 1/1 in/out for the driver. But as you surely know, we always released versions beyond 1.0.

tk
Old 01.10.2005, 07:13 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

2 stereo outputs is the only thing that lets it down abit for me in usb mode.Id be more than happy with 4 stereo outputs.Not that id probably hardly ever use that many but its nice to have.

One thing im wondering about?.Can I run in usb mode and and route more sounds out of the of the outputs on the back of the virus into the mixer?.
Old 01.10.2005, 10:52 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

I think the guy who has allready received his did exactly that. (someone posted on the SOS forums to say they had it allready yesterday).

I see this as the most common setup - its exactly what I intend to do (audio outs to my mixer) and ideally not use the audio over USB at all - just MIDI over USB to the computer to get best use of Virus control software and also connect MIDI cables to my patch bay so I can use the keyboard remote mode to control other synths as well.
Old 02.10.2005, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
I see this as the most common setup - its exactly what I intend to do (audio outs to my mixer) and ideally not use the audio over USB at all -
Just curious as to why you won't use audio over the usb connection?
Old 02.10.2005, 12:24 AM

My current rig is based around a Yamaha 01x+i88x mixer/firewire sound card/DAW controller and an Edirol UM880 midi patch bay.

The 01x along with its companion i88x and an ADAT expander gives my a 24 channel console with 16 sends and a couple opf built in fx processors, eq and dynamics and send routing on all channels etc. So I have all my audio gear routed through that. The sends I use to all synths fx units etc that have inputs so I can do crazy chaining - ie treat the hardware like a reason soft synth rack. Thats acheived through a couple of 24 ch analog patch bays for direct chaining, or using any hardware audio device (including a synths filters) as a VST plugin processor inside cubase sx.

All my midi goes into the midi patch bay so I can control any synth from any keyboard and record it at the same time, or drive any from the computer, stack synths to my heart content

USB just doesnt figure in that for other other than a private control/upload/download channel to specific devices - ie Virus TI for the virus control software, sample upload to my v-synth and patch management on the Motif ES for the yamaha 'studio connections' software. I will use MIDI over USB of course for recording and play back to individual synths as well sometimes from Cubase.

As I have everything on firewire anyway which is reliable, low latency has loads of channels and integrated audio patch bay, and better cpu utilisation than I have ever experienced with USB, then for the sake of a few ms better sound accuracy - all the hassle I have had with USB in the past just make me nervous and I dont want it stealing CPU cycles from the firewire interface and I very much like the flexibility I currently have with audio routing
Old 02.10.2005, 12:55 AM

Well you certainly get an A for that answer
With that gear, I'm guessing you make electronic oriented music? What kinds of external effects units are you feeding your synths through?
Old 02.10.2005, 01:24 AM

LOL

The only dedicated fx processor I have are those inside the mixer which are usual standard stuff and a Behringer V-Amp pro and Bass V-Amp pro guitar processors as I play guitar and bass as well (sort of at least ).

I use all the of them with various sound sources - playing the drum kit through a bass guitar processor can be quite fun - not to mention putting the foundations to your house at risk

Sax played through a guitar processor is quite sick (in a sick puppy kind of way) as well...

The main device that I use as an fx processor is however my v-synth - I use that for anything from a playable a filter bank (ie keys control the filter centers, aftertouch controlling various filter and fx mods etc) to a vocoder withthe VC2 card and also the COSM fx and amp model are very useful - it sounds alot better than the behringer units when fed from a synth sound source. One real nice thing you can do with the v-synth is ring mod external audio with one of its oscillators for a real mess

I also use my KS-Rack as a additional filter stage - mainly because of its overdrive control on its filter, but sometimes use its vocoder to blend external sounds as well with the KS-Rack's own synth.

I fully expect I'll try similar thing with the virus - maybe try stacking 16 filter patches to make a 16 way 2 stage filter bank for processing external audio would be fun for abusing loops - who knows?

I just like trying wierd sh*t - most of it just sounds wierd and sh*t, but sometimes you get real gems

My real weakness I guess is I tend to view fx as an integral part of a part's sound and so I like to have my chain live when Im messing around rather than in VSTs for post record processing. I keep thinking of getting one of theose Korg Kaoss pads - they look like alot of fun - I like stuff you can really mess with rather than just program. Its why I really like the v-synth as both a synth and as an fx processor - its immediate - you just do it rather than have to think about it
Old 02.10.2005, 12:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

wow!
very complex setup man...
i realy cant see myself mixing on outboard, digital or analog desk...
Old 03.10.2005, 11:01 AM

but do you think a future update will include USB2? will that be possible? I mean, 2 or 3 stereo channels are maybe enough for many, but not for all as someone has already pointed out. So USB2 would be great then.

(ah, I introduce myself, since this is my first post here, though i've been reading this forum for almost a year. Since I bought a Virus Indigo 3 months ago, now I decided to enter the forum. Hi to everyone)

You can listen to some of my humble music here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=218341