Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 27.04.2007, 06:09 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Nano Patch & Proco Deucetone

I will get some new toys soon.

I ordered a Moog Little Phatty stage edition (CANCELED) as well as SM Pro Audio Nano Patch passive volume controller and Proco Deucetone distortion pedal for my guitar. I will report later what I think about them.

I played a Moog Voyager in a local musicstore a week ago and fell in love with it. However, it costs so much that I decided to get a LP instead just to get the Moog sound.

I earlier owned SM Pro Audio M-Patch 2 but sold it just after they announced their new nano patch. The MP2 had too much features for me and a useless headphone amp. The new nano is cheaper and has only the volume knob and mute button, just what I need, nothing more.

I also decided to get an analog guitar distortion pedal for my electric guitar to get better distortion sounds. Let's see how the deucetone works...

Last edited by F5D : 25.05.2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 29.04.2007, 04:12 AM
This forum member lives here

Jesus man! You have some deep pockets (or in serious debt with all the equipment you got! j/k congrats and let us hear some patches when you dig in!
Old 29.04.2007, 07:38 AM

Nice new stuff for sure! Use the pedal with the Moog instead though.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 29.04.2007, 10:29 AM
Pro
Pro

In fact the Moog is quite cheap because I ordered it from USA. They have the right price for the moog and the exchange rate of dollar -> euro is very good right now. I don't have to worry about the power supply voltage either because the Moog can adapt to any voltage between 100-250 and 50-60Hz. The moog, nano patch and deucetone will cost me the same as the moog costs here in europe alone.

Anyway, I will post some demo clips when I get them. And I will use the deucetone with moog too.

The nano patch is also very interesting product and I guess many people will buy it to avoid digital volume control. It costs about 50 euros/dollars. IMO everybody should use passive attenuation with any audio interface which uses digital volume control.

Last edited by F5D : 29.04.2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05.05.2007, 07:33 PM
Pro
Pro

edit. Ok, I started 2 new threads to make discussion easier...

Last edited by F5D : 05.05.2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06.05.2007, 02:44 AM

Im in The USA at the moment and went into a Guitar Centre and played with a LP Stage... it's OK, but wierd how when you want to adjust a parameter you have to bring the knob back to it's original value...

Also sucks not being able to control Resonance and cutoff at the same time. Looked great, but I dont think I'll be buying one.

I did get a chance to finally play a Virus TI though... YUMMMMM

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60

Last edited by jasedee : 06.05.2007 at 03:42 AM.
Old 06.05.2007, 11:31 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee View Post
Im in The USA at the moment and went into a Guitar Centre and played with a LP Stage... it's OK, but wierd how when you want to adjust a parameter you have to bring the knob back to it's original value...
You can choose from the menu how this works. There are 3 different modes. You can completely turn off the feature and the knob instantly jumps to the value which it points when you start tweaking.

Quote:
Also sucks not being able to control Resonance and cutoff at the same time. Looked great, but I dont think I'll be buying one.
I agree that dedicated knobs for both cutoff and resonance would have been nice but after thinking about it more I very rarely tweak both at the same time and I hate filter resonance anyway so I use it only if I make some acid bass sounds. Usually it's turned to 0.

Quote:
I did get a chance to finally play a Virus TI though... YUMMMMM
Yes, it's a nice synth. Anyway, I have decided to wait for TI2 which will use firewire connection for real 24bit audio transfer and better resource allocation with more powerful dsp's and will also include an adat connection for 4x stereo (or 8 mono) outputs and a standalone Virus Editor (not just a plugin) with perfectly working standalone mode.

At least I hope so that access have learned alot from the TI1 problems.

Edit. I canceled the moog because the delivery time was too long. Anyway, I may purchase it later this year or next year.

Last edited by F5D : 17.05.2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 24.05.2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D View Post
Anyway, I have decided to wait for TI2 which will use firewire connection for real 24bit audio transfer and better resource allocation with more powerful dsp's and will also include an adat connection for 4x stereo (or 8 mono) outputs and a standalone Virus Editor (not just a plugin) with perfectly working standalone mode.

At least I hope so that access have learned alot from the TI1 problems.
Wow, great minds think alike. Personally, im holding out for the MKII now. I've just gone a bought my first workstation....the Yamaha Motif XS8. Hopefully by the time ive paid it off...the TIii will be hiting the market...or anounced.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 25.05.2007, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Mk2 for me, too.
Old 26.05.2007, 05:31 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Sold my Virus TI (had the 61keys then the polar then the desktop) as I just didnt enjoy programming it or the sound either.

Dont know why but the more I used it the less I liked it. Maybe its because I hear it so often in the music I listen to but I just had to get shot of it. I also sold the nord lead 3 and yamaha CS6R.

What I did purchase though was one of the new Studio Electonics CODE synths based on the Omega. Its an 8voice analog with overdrive distortion. This thing is such a breath of fresh air after coming from the virus and nord. I already own the A6 which is great but its so nice having another analog to play with. I know its cliche to say but analog just sounds so much nicer than VA, to my ears anyways.

Will do some demos for you in the coming weeks.... heres a pic...

tom