Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 25.11.2010, 10:09 AM
New here
New here

Default Rendering and Freeze Track in Ableton Live8 for the TI range works!

I came across this on another forum site and and tested it and it works!!!!!!!!!

One thing to note is that this configuration in Live8 results in the TI being forced to render/freeze from outputs USB2 or USB3 only. The USB1 output does not seem to be able to be used. As the plug-in is contained within the Instrument Rack and rendering can only occur outside of this.
When creating each part within Live8, then an external instrument should be created for each part that takes its track input from your keyboard (TI or anything else) but the Ext. Instrument should be set as (2) below. The MIDI TO routing will go to the plugin's instrument rack and each TI part (1 to 16). The audio will need to come from the TI's USB2 or USB3. Rendering/Freezing will then be allowed for these tracks. One thing i havent tried is having multi freezes of the same TI part but across different ext instruments with the same ext instrument config. Wouldn't that be wonderful eh?

It works!!!
Wonderful.

I think this works because Live needs to find an external instrument to recognise that it needs to perform a realtime render or freeze.

------------------------------------------
Basic setup

In this pic, you'll see I've added the virus to an instrument rack alongside an external instrument, the external instrument allows live to bounce in real time however for it to do that it needs a midi device selected and an audio input selected. As you can see I've selected the virus for a midi device but not assigned it to any midi channel so it's not actually sending midi data to the virus, also I chose my audio inputs but turned the input gain down to zero so you can't hear them.

If you now go to export you will see you can render it in real time, you can also freeze the track then flatten.

2. Other USB outs

Nothing tricky here, just add an external instrument to a new track and choose the virus inside the instrument rack and the part you want to trigger, followed by the USB out you want for that track.

3. Analog outs

This gets a little tricky because of the way the external instrument rack selects it's audio inputs. You need to add an instrument rack to a new track then add two external instruments to it. The first external instrument is triggering the part but has it's gain set to zero like so:

The next one is for the audio input and not triggering midi like so (you can add hardware compensation to this one if you need):

Once you got all that setup you can save them as templates and go back to them at any time. If you need any more parts than outputs than add a new midi track and route it to the VC in the first track (you'll lose ability to freeze and flatten the first track).
-----------------------------------------------
Can i thank the original author of this most sincerely
Old 26.11.2010, 12:15 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

I think it's more of a hassle than the normal procedure but I don't use Live with the Virus so who am I to talk :P
Old 01.12.2010, 05:25 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

I like this idea, but it is definitely tricky. Not getting it to fly with my set up. I can't seem to get the Virus TI to add as a 'midi device' in the external instrument. i will add some pics.[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01.12.2010, 05:29 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

This looks like a great method of channeling multiple discreet channels of audio from the synth. but, i am not able to get past the initial 'external instrument' midi routing assignment. the only selections i get from the 'midi to' menu are: 'no output', and 'instrument rack.' like this[IMG][/IMG]

what am i missing?