Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22.08.2009, 11:49 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Nobl1v1on
Default What Firewire Audio Interface has the best value to feature ratio

Ok I have been reading non-stop for weeks about audio interfaces. I have found that for my budget firewire is probably the way to go for me. Furthermore, I have really been looking into the newer Focusrite Saffire line, particularly the Saffire Pro 40, and the other items in that line. They present what seems to be sufficient features for running a bedroom studio and being able to put together more professional sounding music production work. It just seems like the market for these sort of products has become SOOOOOO inundated with gear claiming all these great features ect. I mean I was even beginning to wonder if I needed a 12 or 14 channel mixer if I were to purchase a interface with enough I/O. Anyway, where I am trying to go with this is; my fellow gear heads out there what are your opinions on Firewire interfaces. The ones you are presently using or have had an opportunity to use, because as we all probably know the sales staff at the Sweetwater and Mucian's Friend of the world will tell you they are all good. I finally have an opportunity to put together my home studio kit and I do not want to blow it in one of the more important aspects of having a solid setup...

Thanx In Advance
Lars:
Nobl1v1on:

Virus TI2 61 key, Roland JP8000, Elektron SFX 60 Mk.II Monomachine, Novation X-Station, Yamaha QY-70, Boss DR 202 Dr. Groove.