Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 25.11.2004, 10:06 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Solo contest on muusikoiden.net

Hello folks. Just though to ask if anyone is interested in participating a solo contest part 2 we are having in muusikoiden.net. The idea is simple:

1. Download the background.
2. Record a solo on that background.
3. No sequencing! You may record to MIDI of course, but you may not edit it (quantisise, delete bum notes, etc). This cannot be supervised in any ways but let's assume that everyone's self conciousness takes care of that part.
4. You may select the solo sound/instrument freely.
5. The solos in voting are anonymous. Everyone can vote, but you may not vote your own solo.

There. The contest is not serious in any way and there are no prizes.

Just to improvise something on that background and post a link to me via PM. Because muusikoiden.net is a Finnish site, I'll be posting your solos and votes and then copy-paste the results here. Anyone?
Old 25.11.2004, 10:27 AM

Solos? That would imply actually knowing how to play piano, so I guess that counts me out.

Are there any restrictions on instruments, or any classification of what an "instrument" is, like for example, can I play beat-box solo, or can I do a scratching solo, or can I do kazoo solo etc.....

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 25.11.2004, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
Are there any restrictions on instruments, or any classification of what an "instrument" is, like for example, can I play beat-box solo, or can I do a scratching solo, or can I do kazoo solo etc.....
Keyboards only.