Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 08.12.2009, 08:51 AM
New here
New here

Default Virus TI Arpeggio, problem when play starts.

Hello everyone

I have a really irritating problem that I’m hoping to find help with.

The problem is Virus TI arpeggios going mad during initial playback. They start late and then play fast as if they are trying to catch up. Takes about two to three bars to really settle down. But even then, as I loop round there are notes dropped and delayed.

I can have a song with one software instrument track (with the Virus TI as the instrument) and a blank audio track. I have a four bar midi region on the first track that just plays a one bar chord at the beginning of each bar. The Virus patch is set to “Zyntar M@”.

Now the fun begins. If the selected track is the Virus/MIDI track then playback is fine. The arpeggio starts correctly and stays in time perfectly. However, if the select the audio track before playback I hear the “start late and then play fast” effect. Sometimes it’s some other effect, crackling and so on.

1) This is not a “starting at bar 1” problem. I can move everything to bar 100 and it still goes wrong in exactly the same way.

2) The second track doesn’t have to be an audio track; it could be another software instrument track. But if it is selected when play starts, then all goes wrong.

3) I have tried different USB leads and different USB ports.

I thought this might be to do with the latest version of the Virus TI software (it is Beta after all), so installed a fresh copy of Snow Leopard on a separate drive (updated to 10.6.2 ), installed LP8 (in case it was an LP9 problem) and tried again. Still the problem.

I then installed a fresh copy of Leopard on a separate drive (updated to 10.5.8 ), installed LP8 – still the problem. I gradually started installing earlier and earlier versions of the Virus TI software (all the way back to 2.7.5 ), and the problem remains.

I recently changed my Mac Pro to an 8 core 2.8Ghz, but I don’t remember having this problem before.

Any help or advice will be gratefully received!

PS: I have also posted this message in the LogicProHelp forum, beacause I'm not sure if this is an Access software problem, Access hardware problem or Logic Pro problem.
Old 14.12.2009, 08:38 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

use a preroll of 1 bar.

r